Post advanced apprenticeship

Watch
Popeye89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all.

So some would say i left it late, but at 24 i started an advanced apprenticeship and did a level 3 BTEC in engineering with an NVQ 3.

After the BTEC i got the opportunity to do my HNC through my employer.

Here is my problem. Whilst im still in education "mode" id like to do my degree. Applying for uni through the UCAS website doesnt seem to let me select HNC, and my BTEC isnt worth enough points. I may have the option to do HND, but id like to go all the way to a degree.

Does anyone have any idea what i can do?

Thanks
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you do a HND, bare in mind you won't be eligible for full tuition for a degree after.

Have you looked at foundation years? This will allow you to get into university with lower entry requirements and will be fully paid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Popeye89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To be honest i thought HNC was equal to first year of a degree anyway.

It seems incredibly difficult to get onto a degree with industry experience without A levels
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
HNC is equivalent to 1st year, and HND to 2nd year. You can do top up degrees at some universities to get a Bachelor's degree after HND.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/applying...-hnd-what-next
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed