National Be Naked Day, 5 August

Watch
This discussion is closed.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Apparently tomorrow (5 August) is National Be Naked Day, as declared by British Naturism (I think)

http://benakedday.info

Whilst I enjoy a sauna, and when in the Netherlands at a spa, have enjoyed a swim with nothing on, I'm not about to be walking around the house or in the street naked.

Will anyone be taking part or doing anything differently (clothes wise) tomorrow?
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really, a national nudity day? I thought they reserve that for one bike ride a year...
i love grimes
Badges: 10
Report 4 years ago
no thanks. this is a british summer we're talking about, i'll die of hypothermia another day.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i shall wear my shorts to show my support.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are things in that gallery that I should not have seen.
Andi.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I shall be naked tomorrow, although not due to it being National Be Naked Day, just that I am working.
Automorphism
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't understand. What's the point? What would it prove? Seems like a perfect way to get arrested in the U.K. for public indecency...
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:erm:
Andi.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't believe there are any specific laws in England about being naked in public, but there are laws they can use if your nudity is likely to cause offence etc.

Of course the police can decide really what they do, so you never know what will happen.

Luckily being a woman the police take less interest, well not in the arresting sense!
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andi.)
I don't believe there are any specific laws in England about being naked in public, but there are laws they can use if your nudity is likely to cause offence etc.

Of course the police can decide really what they do, so you never know what will happen.

Luckily being a woman the police take less interest, well not in the arresting sense!
Yeah, most likely going to end up getting slapped with breach of the peace or outraging public decency.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow. Do people have no sense of self respect anymore?
Andi.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Wow. Do people have no sense of self respect anymore?
What is so wrong with nudity?
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andi.)
What is so wrong with nudity?
What kind of question is that?

They're called "private" parts for a reason.
Andi.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What kind of question is that?

They're called "private" parts for a reason.
Is that seriously your reasoning!?!
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andi.)
Is that seriously your reasoning!?!
Yeah, it is. Any sensible person would agree.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HHmmm well it is my birthday tomorrow so being in my birthday suit seems pretty fitting.
username2896864
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lavender_rose)
HHmmm well it is my birthday tomorrow so being in my birthday suit seems pretty fitting.
Hey, I was just going to say the same thing - mine is tomorrow as well (Happy birthday for then!!) :five::birthday:
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Batgirl98)
Hey, I was just going to say the same thing - mine is tomorrow as well (Happy birthday for then!!) :five::birthday:
Thank you. We both entered the world screaming and naked on the same day ! Happy birthday.
username2896864
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yay, I'm a sensible person! :woo::wavey:
Andi.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is nothing wrong or shameful about the human body and if people were not so worried and hung up about it, a lot of people would be far happier with less body issues and less eating disorders etc.

Of course you should only be naked where allowed, but it is natural and healthy and to say the body should be covered due to it having "private parts" is ludicrous.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads