The Student Room Group

When will I likely get my approval letter?

By this I mean the "letter of approval" I apparently get by post when my application is finalised.

It's slightly concerning me because I was told it takes 6 weeks to process, it's now been at least 9. Furthermore on my account the "your parent still needs to send in this information" (Section 3) is still there, despite having called SFE to explain and having sent the info off a few days after my main application (May 29th I think).

Any advice would be appreciated as this process is seriously stressing me out. We're poor and I can't afford to sustain myself if I don't get it, which is my concern.

Another question - I used Clearing to change my uni and course. I'm aware I have to notify SFE but it says I have to send a form off which means I have to have my application reassessed which takes another 6 weeks.

Given I start in 7 weeks, I have no idea what to do. I can't phone them to ask, I don't have a working phone either...

Anyway. Thanks in advance
Hi MedicaAutomata

The Notification Of Entitlement (Approval letter) is sent to you as soon as your application status changes to an approved state or whenever an assessor does a reassessment on your application.
As you mention it says your parents need to send further information which means your application must be pending awaiting information or evidence from them.

I know you say you don't have a working phone but you really need to speak to someone who can look at your account and no one can look at your account online.

The best thing to do is use a friend/family phone and call (0300) 100 0607 so an advisor will be able to check your account and see exactly what is holding it up. SFE are open until 4pm today so you still have enough time to call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending