How many hours a week do you spend on your dissertation?

Watch
KETHEAD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I must of averaged around 50% in my essays'/projects and was saved by getting firsts in my exams. I'm quite worried about my disseration, how many hours should I expect to work on this each week?
ML1996
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To achieve a good grade in a dissertation, something you most definitely need to do sir/madam, you should be spending AT LEAST 6-8 hours working on your dissertation every day. No nights out, drugs, sex and other tomfoolerous acts any more. It is clear your indulgence in those lead to your poor marks in your earlier years of study.
The Financier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KETHEAD)
I must of averaged around 50% in my essays'/projects and was saved by getting firsts in my exams. I'm quite worried about my disseration, how many hours should I expect to work on this each week?
That's something that's best answered by your faculty, as they'll know the specifics of your dissertation assignment. For example, just from your post alone I don't know how many words you're expected to write, how much time you have to submit it, what your prior knowledge of the dissertation subject is or the level to which you should know Economic theory.

Ask your prof, they should have a guideline for how much time people should/historically have spent on their dissertation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (294)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise