The Student Room Group

Does she potentially have feelings for me?

Me and this girl I have a major crush on have recently started talking and we have loads in common (e.g. books, films, music, food, etc.) and she has given a few signs which apparently indicate she potentially has feelings but I wanted to check:
1) One night recently we were texting and I went to sleep so I texted 'night x' and she responded 'night xx' whereas before for multiple nights it was only one x and I have asked other friends and she only sends one to them
2) She has recently started adding y's to her 'hey's e.g. 'heyyyyy' and 'heyy'

So I was wondering if these actually indicate a potential interest or am I simply overthinking it?
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by carlsenesque
Me and this girl I have a major crush on have recently started talking and we have loads in common (e.g. books, films, music, food, etc.) and she has given a few signs which apparently indicate she potentially has feelings but I wanted to check:
1) One night recently we were texting and I went to sleep so I texted 'night x' and she responded 'night xx' whereas before for multiple nights it was only one x and I have asked other friends and she only sends one to them
2) She has recently started adding y's to her 'hey's e.g. 'heyyyyy' and 'heyy'

So I was wondering if these actually indicate a potential interest or am I simply overthinking it?
Thanks in advance

Analysing the signs will only drive you crazy. We won't know if she does, she could well be the friendly type or she could like you. The best way to find out for sure is to ask her out, then you'll know.
Reply 2
Lol you're definitely overthinking it, I put more x's depending on how well I know the person or my mood at the time.
It's a really difficult question to answer without knowing the individual. I would focus more on how things are when you're together then over digital media. Feelings can obviously be a little harder to just in this medium if they are not indicated directly.

Just be happy with how things are now and hopefully they progress how you would like them to. If you really like her, maybe take the plunge and tell her. It would only spoil your friendship if you allowed it to.
Original post by UWS
Analysing the signs will only drive you crazy. We won't know if she does, she could well be the friendly type or she could like you. The best way to find out for sure is to ask her out, then you'll know.

Thank you, I totally agree it has been driving me crazy, I will have to pluck up the courage to ask her, wish me luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending