Wolverhampton Uni, Nursing placements...

Watch
Liam Knowles
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,
I'm starting my adult nursing at Walsall campus in September. I was't able to attend the open day so I'm unsure on a few things.
Firstly, how are the placements set out? Do you do 6 weeks at uni and 6 weeks at placement or do you do placement and uni at the same time.

If anyone could help, I'd be grateful!

Reagards,

Liam
JR-22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,I attended the open day, from what they showed us it looks like a block of uni weeks then a block of placement weeks looks evenly spread out throughout the year. I'm starting in sept too at Walsall Jack
Liam Knowles
Rep:
?
Hey,

That doesn't seem too bad then! Do we have time off from uni and placement? Sorry for the questions, I just wasn't able to attend the open day. Also, I've completed the occupational health questionnaire, is there anything else we need to do? I've got a DBS on the update service so I'm going to take that in tomorrow. Plus, when do we take the student finance letters in for them to be approved? Hope to see you there, I'm nervous! Lol.

Liam
flojo1964
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I start in September at Burton Campus, we were show a flowthrough for 2017, we start on a two week induction and then into uni for Modules for about 6 weeks, then were in placement for around 7 weeks. The timetable looks ok with reading weeks and study weeks and holidays as well. Im not sure about student finance. I think you only need to show it if they ask. Can you make an appointment with a Student Adviser, I know we could if we couldnt make the Road to Success day, good luck for September.
Liam Knowles
Rep:
?
Hey, thanks for the info! That's put my mind at ease a little now. It seems as though it's spread out nicely! The student advisor has emailed me this morning and i have a meeting with her next week. Do we sort our DBS's out and things with them as I have one on the update service. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious, lol. All the best with your nursing!
flojo1964
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you have applied for the DBS online via evision, uni will be notified when its completed and cleared, you will get a certificate in the post. You also need to complete your GP form and the online task for occy health, again, via evision.
Saibahn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’m hoping to start adult nursing April 2021 I’m currently filling occupational health questionnaire Wanted to make friends as I have no one I know although I amNot academically intellectually only practical and caring sorry Would like some info and help many thanks Can you email me please
Tabatha93
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Saibahn)
Hey I’m hoping to start adult nursing April 2021 I’m currently filling occupational health questionnaire Wanted to make friends as I have no one I know although I amNot academically intellectually only practical and caring sorry Would like some info and help many thanks Can you email me please
hello!
I am hoping to start my studies in september at the burton campus. Did you receive an email for the occupational health questionnaire. I am still waiting for a link or something so that i can complete this. Hope you do not mind me asking I am just worried that i should have been sent something.

All the best in your studies
tabatha
Saibahn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Tabatha93)
hello!
I am hoping to start my studies in september at the burton campus. Did you receive an email for the occupational health questionnaire. I am still waiting for a link or something so that i can complete this. Hope you do not mind me asking I am just worried that i should have been sent something.

All the best in your studies
tabatha
Go to you’re evision and check you’re tasks it might be in there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed