The Student Room Group

Unusual circumstances making me worried.

Hey all.

Basically I have been at University for 2 years now and have decided to take a year out in employment. I got a placement but it does not qualify for the official year out scheme. The University have allowed me to take this year out going into my 3rd year but now I am worried that when I come to apply for my 4th year that Student Finance England may reject my application as it will look like I took a year out?

Anyone got any advice on what I should do to stop worrying about this?
Reply 1
The University have said I dont need to pay fees for the 3rd year out as its a special set of circumstances regarding the placement. I am just concerned if I should maybe phone SFE regarding this so they know I will take a year out? If someone comes to review my application next year they might reject it.

Its just stressing me out and not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them? Will SFE be okay with this?
Original post by Mr XcX
The University have said I dont need to pay fees for the 3rd year out as its a special set of circumstances regarding the placement. I am just concerned if I should maybe phone SFE regarding this so they know I will take a year out? If someone comes to review my application next year they might reject it.

Its just stressing me out and not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them? Will SFE be okay with this?

Hi Mr XcX,

There's no need to worry as it's not an uncommon situation.

But as there are a few ways to deal with the situation I think it would be best to give us a call on 0300 100 0607 to discuss the best way forward.

Thanks,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending