Turn on thread page Beta

Climate Change promoters removed many Wiki references to the Medieval Warm Period watch

ReputationRep:
    In order to promote the idea that Global Warming is not a natural cycle.

They also removed many references to the 1970s 'imminent ice age' reports, in an attempt to turn the Global Cooling scare of the 70s into a myth.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Still don't believe this global warming, I am one of the few who do believe it is just a natural cycle

ReputationRep:
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Isn't the absence of a predicted ice age evidence for global warming?
    No
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Link?
    Links go straight to the moderator when I post them. Google: Wikipedia bans radical global warming progagandist from editing all pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Station123)
    Links go straight to the moderator when I post them. Google: Wikipedia bans radical global warming progagandist from editing all pages
    This was 7 years ago.

They're talking about this arbcom case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...Climate_change I think.

If that is what you're talking about, read the case. The editors were edit warring, making personal attacks, abusing their user rights, etc. Nothing to do with the subject matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    This was 7 years ago.

They're talking about this arbcom case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...Climate_change I think.

If that is what you're talking about, read the case. The editors were edit warring, making personal attacks, abusing their user rights, etc. Nothing to do with the subject matter.
    William Connolley was editing out the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. He rewrote 5428 unique Wikipedia articles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Station123)
    William Connolley was editing out the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. He rewrote 5428 unique Wikipedia articles.
    Yeah, he was topic banned in 2010, in that arbcom case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Still don't believe this global warming, I am one of the few who do believe it is just a natural cycle
    How could mankind releasing a fraction of global emissions of the 4th most abundant element in the solar system (almost all of which is reabsorbed by carbon sinks) not be responsible for everything from Al Gore getting a sweat on to my ice-lolly melting prematurely? :innocent:

www.climatechange.procon.org

ReputationRep:
    What natural cycle? What do you propose is causing global warming?

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How could mankind releasing a fraction of global emissions of the 4th most abundant element in the solar system (almost all of which is reabsorbed by carbon sinks) not be responsible for everything from Al Gore getting a sweat on to my ice-lolly melting prematurely? :innocent:

www.climatechange.procon.org
    As above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    What natural cycle?

As above
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    What natural cycle? What do you propose is causing global warming?

As above.
    What global warming

ReputationRep:

Ok...? I don't see why you have posted these.

In the case of the warming we have seen in the last century, what do you think is the main cause (if not rising CO2 emissions through human activity)?

Interestingly enough the source of the second image doesn't agree with your claim that almost all of human CO2 emissions are absorbed by carbon sinks.

ReputationRep:
    What global warming
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Global warming refers to the observed rise in the Earth's average temperature over the last century.

ReputationRep:
    "Climate change" is nothing but a Chinese hoax. Praise the Lord that Trump is smart enough to see through the lies.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Finding it hard to believe there is any warming with how cool our summers are

ReputationRep:
    I only have A Level geog knowledge behind me, but surely the correlation between increase in industries, transport, and overall population correlates with the increasing carbon dioxide atmospheric concentration? I get the 1800s wasnt in the last inter glacial, but the conc of CO2 has increased by (please correct me if I'm wrong) around 100ppm- this will only increase with more industries right? Soo if we go along with Boserup so human kind will just keep making machines etc to adapt and/or mitigate to these changes, the conc will keep going up? Even if climate change is a hoax (I will hate edexcel forever if one day we find out it is bc I learned all that for an exam on utter bs), CO2 and other GHG contribute to resp. disorders- so the CO2 conc is still something to worry about right????? Isn't thermal expansion an example of global warming? I really never knew how controversial climate change was, imagine if someone just wrote about their disbelief in an essay oml

ReputationRep:
    Finding it hard to believe there is any warming with how cool our summers are
    now you're trolling right?

ReputationRep:

[/b]
    which element is this?

you cant really compare carbon with carbon dioxide. the latter is miniscule in amount
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by angelike1)
    now you're trolling right?
    I stick to my opinion that it is just a natrual cycle, think looking at these temperatures also backs up that this summer apart from couple weeks has not been exactly warmName:  Screenshot_20170807-003209.png
Views: 57
Size:  415.0 KB

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.