How your AQA GCSE results sheet will look like.

Watch
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I remember somebody asking how your GCSE results sheet looks like. It'll look like this (for AQA). I'm quite annoyed how your UMS won't be shown for the new English Lit, English lang and Maths exams. You'll have to ask your school for your raw marks in those subjects.

Also, the English speaking and listening will be either Distinction, Merit, Pass or unclassified.
Attached files
koi koy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah them getting rid of UMS is quite annoying. They say it's because the exams aren't modular anymore so you can't take exams in one subject over multiple seasons. It's so annoying you have to ask for the marks though. It will be even worse next year when almost all GCSE's are linear.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many (most?) schools won't issue exam board results sheets but just print a single one showing all results which have been collated in their school's system.
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Many (most?) schools won't issue exam board results sheets but just print a single one showing all results which have been collated in their school's system.
I'm not sure if you know this at all or if you are able to answer it, but will there be a breakdown of all the exams you take? E.G. Biology unit 1, Biology unit 2, Biology unit 3 etc. so we can see what we got in each individual exam? (For AQA).
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quizlet)
I'm not sure if you know this at all or if you are able to answer it, but will there be a breakdown of all the exams you take? E.G. Biology unit 1, Biology unit 2, Biology unit 3 etc. so we can see what we got in each individual exam? (For AQA).
Almost certainly. For modular qualifications you normally get the mark and indicative grade (in lower case, e.g., 84 a) for each unit you have taken and then the total mark and grade for the qualification, e.g. 338 B. The unit grades have no real value - you don't need to get all as to get an A overall, but are just there to give you an idea how good the mark is as the units can be out of different totals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.73%

Watched Threads