The Student Room Group

Resources for A-level Biology

Does anyone know any good websites or YT channels for A-level Biology? (Starting Year 12 in September). New spec (Linear - 2015) if possible
Original post by Antonius M
Does anyone know any good websites or YT channels for A-level Biology? (Starting Year 12 in September). New spec (Linear - 2015) if possible

VBiology is an extremely useful website if you're looking for past paper questions, organized by topic.
McGraw Hill is an excellent website for animations of certain biological systems. However, it's based on the U.S. curriculum so does provide some unnecessary detail sometimes.

Also, make sure you get the CGP Biology Revision Guide.
MrsMillersBlog does topic specific exam Qs
on v hard topics to get a good grasp for get the CGP/CPG (idk the name) guide. It's brief, but covers it all
My biggest advice is just DO NOT overcomplicate everything! I finished this course in June and jfc I was an idiot and kept questioning everything. Just learn whats in the text book, and make GOOD notes early in the year. Spider diagrams saved me! (hope they did- tba 17th :tongue:)
Reply 3
Original post by ImagineCats
MrsMillersBlog does topic specific exam Qs
on v hard topics to get a good grasp for get the CGP/CPG (idk the name) guide. It's brief, but covers it all
My biggest advice is just DO NOT overcomplicate everything! I finished this course in June and jfc I was an idiot and kept questioning everything. Just learn whats in the text book, and make GOOD notes early in the year. Spider diagrams saved me! (hope they did- tba 17th :tongue:)

Thank you. I'm sure you smashed it✊👍😁
https://alevelnotes.com/Biology/4

this one was good but they never updated it :frown: it has got some yr12 topics on though

(edited 6 years ago)

Dr Bhavsar is amazing.
So is Khan Academy. They cover the topics in depth that's why the videos are so long :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
VBiology is an extremely useful website if you're looking for past paper questions, organized by topic.
McGraw Hill is an excellent website for animations of certain biological systems. However, it's based on the U.S. curriculum so does provide some unnecessary detail sometimes.

Also, make sure you get the CGP Biology Revision Guide.

Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors😁😁
Reply 7
Original post by CoolCavy
https://alevelnotes.com/Biology/4

this one was good but they never updated it :frown: it has got some yr12 topics on though

True, the info that's there looks quite detailed. Thank you very much😁
Reply 8
Original post by TSlayerr
Dr Bhavsar is amazing.
So is Khan Academy. They cover the topics in depth that's why the videos are so long :smile:

Dr Bhavsar's just gained a subscriber🎆. Thank you!
Reply 9
Thanks all. Biology was the only subject I didn't have websites and channels for, but that's sorted now🔥.

Quick Reply

Latest