The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Does the university of Manchester accept transfers ?

Does the university of Manchester accept transfers into second year from a different uni on the same/ very similar course ? ( if you have entry requirments and a very good grade from first year ) ?
Original post by Cini
Does the university of Manchester accept transfers into second year from a different uni on the same/ very similar course ? ( if you have entry requirments and a very good grade from first year ) ?

Probably depends on how similar said course is, but I know they do accept transfers. Friend of mine transferred after a foundation year to do EEE.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by MedicaAutomata
Probably depends on how similar said course is, but I know they do accept transfers. Friend of mine transferred after a foundation year to do EEE.

Thanks yeah the courses are very similar
Original post by CastCuraga

Hi
I just read that your friend transferred to the University of Manchester.
What university did your friend transfer from?
Which foundation course did they do and at what uni?
Original post by Arab_gyal
Hi
I just read that your friend transferred to the University of Manchester.
What university did your friend transfer from?
Which foundation course did they do and at what uni?

Foundation Year Physics at the University of Southampton -> EEE at Manchester
Foundation Year Physics at the University of Southampton -> EEE at Manchester

Thank you. And did they have to meet the A level requirement for Manchester ??
Thank you. And did they have to meet the A level requirement for Manchester ??

No, she was given an offer based on her performance during the Foundation Year (70% in her case; this varies per case)

You do as part of that need to have somewhat comparable grades if they're just in the wrong subjects. Not exactly equal, but you can't apply to something like Durham for an A*AA course if you got BBB or something, I think.

Could be wrong on the last point actually, that's just the advice I was given by my tutor since I'm going through this atm myself hahah
Oh okay. I think I'm going to call them and see.
Thank you.

I'm planning to transfer hopefully. Just need to do the personal statement 😫
No, she was given an offer based on her performance during the Foundation Year (70% in her case; this varies per case)

You do as part of that need to have somewhat comparable grades if they're just in the wrong subjects. Not exactly equal, but you can't apply to something like Durham for an A*AA course if you got BBB or something, I think.

Could be wrong on the last point actually, that's just the advice I was given by my tutor since I'm going through this atm myself hahah

Thank you.

Thank you.

No worries, hope it goes well for you ☺️

The statement sucks, I feel you there 😭 Like I've written dozens in my time (am very indecisive) but it still feels stupid hard every time ;-;
Did you ever foind out whether they accepted transfers. I want to transfer from the University of Kent to Manchester
Hey I just read this I want to transfer to Manchester as well and I’m a foundation student at the university of Sussex and I was wondering how do I apply to Manchester and what do I apply with.
I think most places will be happy to accept transfers..... if they have the space for it. Obviously the competitive course (medicine, and business/finance classes) will be fully subscribed so no chance of transfering no matter the university. So no matter how similar the course is (even identical), it is completely dependent on whether the university thinks there is space for you.

Quick Reply

Latest