The Student Room Group

DSA : Funding for Assesement

Morning All,

I am heading to Uni in September.

In order to receive the support I need I have had a very comprehensive Needs assessment made, because I'm a mature student I had to go private which cost £350.

I have had lots of recommendations , which hopefully will help.

Do you think I will be able to claim the fee for the Assessment back somehow? I've had to borrow from family and will be a big chunk to take away from my student loan in September if not.
Original post by BabsCymru
Morning All,

I am heading to Uni in September.

In order to receive the support I need I have had a very comprehensive Needs assessment made, because I'm a mature student I had to go private which cost £350.

I have had lots of recommendations , which hopefully will help.

Do you think I will be able to claim the fee for the Assessment back somehow? I've had to borrow from family and will be a big chunk to take away from my student loan in September if not.

Dsa would pay for needs assessments, are you sure it wasn't a diagnostic assessment they asked you to get
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Dsa would pay for needs assessments, are you sure it wasn't a diagnostic assessment they asked you to get

Yes it was, a diagnostic assessment. It's all very confusing!
Original post by BabsCymru
Yes it was, a diagnostic assessment. It's all very confusing!

Diagnosis is something you have to pay for yourself so you can't claim it back, a needs assessment which you will get invited to they will pay for.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Diagnosis is something you have to pay for yourself so you can't claim it back, a needs assessment which you will get invited to they will pay for.

Ah ok thanks, looks like I will have to budget it into my student loan.

Quick Reply

Latest