Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    she lives in Narnia, in a land where it's always winter
    Actually, she didn't originally come from narnia, rather another world that was on the verge of collapse and polly and digary rescued her and bought her back to london and then went through to the middle land again and then managed to get into narnia, which was just starting to be created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    She's just a witch who is white in colour If memory serves, she came from a place called 'Charn' which could be reached by jumping in puddles wearing rings
    damn, you beat me to it. I see you too have read the magician's nephew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Actually, she didn't originally come from narnia, rather another world that was on the verge of collapse and polly and digary rescued her and bought her back to london and then went through to the middle land again and then managed to get into narnia, which was just starting to be created.
    ooops, silly me, how could i have forgotten about polly and digary (were they the ones who stumbled upon the magic land while they were at school? Or were they the ones who jumped into their uncles painting?...i'm getting all my chronicles mixed up!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    ooops, silly me, how could i have forgotten about polly and digary (were they the ones who stumbled upon the magic land while they were at school? Or were they the ones who jumped into their uncles painting?...i'm getting all my chronicles mixed up!)
    it was peter and co with their cousin (whose name I cannot remember) that jumped through the painting. The ones are school were the cousin and another girl, I can't remember her name either, it has been ages since I read them.

ReputationRep:
    Edmund and Lucy jumped into the painting in The Voyage of the Dawn Trader. Digary and Polly touched magic rings...
    man i want to read them again, haven't read them in soooooo long...the best was Prince Caspian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    it was peter and co with their cousin (whose name I cannot remember) that jumped through the painting. The ones are school were the cousin and another girl, I can't remember her name either, it has been ages since I read them.
    oh wait the one at school was like Eustice Scrubs or something and a girl...can't remember...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    If you wake up with an extra foot, it wasn't me.
    HEHEHE No it would definitly be the alians :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The Horse and His Boy was the best one for me, although it was mysteriously out of place in the series. I read the covers off all them when I were a lad.
    I have them around in my room somewhere, the challenge is to find them. I quite liked the last battle.

(Original post by Gnostic XXX)
    Indeed. I even have a wand.
    oooh :eek: a big one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad'n'tiny)
    is the opposite of a wizard a witch?
    or sumthing else?
    i thawt witches were evil?
    Mage? Sage? Shaman?

I say that it's about 10/11 inches. At one end is a quartz crystal with a pointed edge, and the other a rounded smokey quartz.

In between the two crystals is a copper wire up the wand. I'm not sure, however, what type of wood the wand is made of.
    sounds lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Mage? Sage? Shaman?
    A mage is just someone who uses magic.

a sage is someone of learning.

A shaman is a tribal healer/witch doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I say that it's about 10/11 inches. At one end is a quartz crystal with a pointed edge, and the other a rounded smokey quartz.

In between the two crystals is a copper wire up the wand. I'm not sure, however, what type of wood the wand is made of.
    And what? you use them to eat spagity?

I've had a little look at google and the wand in the pic below is similar to my wand, only the wood of my wand curls around the copper centre.
    thinner than i'd have expected

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I dunno. I was trying to remember as many titles I could from RPGs I have played over the last decade.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting SO confused! :cool:

mine is thicker due to the wood curving around the central cooper wire.
    how thick would you say? is it full of something cool like mercury?

Near the top it approaches 1 inch thickness. It's doesn't contain any physical liquid.
    wow, what about at the bottom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    she lives in Narnia, in a land where it's always winter
    do you remember the tv series - the wolf used to freak me out :eek:

(Original post by Quiksilver)
    do you remember the tv series - the wolf used to freak me out :eek:
    the wolf? you mean mr tumnus?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.