The Student Room Group

What jobs can I apply for with a Masters in Research (MRes)?

I already have a First from my undergraduate Biomedical Science degree and am currently finishing my MRes course in Molecular and Cellular biology. At the time of applying, I was thinking about doing a PhD but now it feels like 3-4 years is too long without earning >20k (I know there are funded PhDs of around 15k but alongside the money I can't see myself spending 3-4 years in education again).

So my question is what jobs/careers can I pursue with an MRes?
Original post by AnimeWizard
I already have a First from my undergraduate Biomedical Science degree and am currently finishing my MRes course in Molecular and Cellular biology. At the time of applying, I was thinking about doing a PhD but now it feels like 3-4 years is too long without earning >20k (I know there are funded PhDs of around 15k but alongside the money I can't see myself spending 3-4 years in education again).

So my question is what jobs/careers can I pursue with an MRes?

You need to have a look at what jobs you want to do and check out the person specification. Having an MRes isn't on its own a ticket to more jobs, there will always be other criteria too. Having workplace experience will help you no end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending