The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Firm and insurance Uni choices- Accepted an unconditional firm.

Hi. I'm starting uni in september; I received an unconditional from Nottingham Trent university; and I accepted this as my firm choice. However, I did still choose Uni of Leicester as my insurance; my question is; on Results Day, if I was to ring UCAS/ both of my Uni's, would I still have a chance of being accepted by Uni of Leicester, even though I've already accepted an unconditional offer elsewhere? The only reason I did that was incase I didn't meet the entry requirements for Uni of Leicestser, as they are higher than NTU.

Thanksssss.
Original post by Aishaaa99
Hi. I'm starting uni in september; I received an unconditional from Nottingham Trent university; and I accepted this as my firm choice. However, I did still choose Uni of Leicester as my insurance; my question is; on Results Day, if I was to ring UCAS/ both of my Uni's, would I still have a chance of being accepted by Uni of Leicester, even though I've already accepted an unconditional offer elsewhere? The only reason I did that was incase I didn't meet the entry requirements for Uni of Leicestser, as they are higher than NTU.

Thanksssss.

So what I'm gathering is that you want to go to Leicester now?
I don't understand why you didnt put the unconditional offer as your insurance choice and Leicester as your firm. That way, if in the event Leicester decides to reject then you'll definitely get into NTU.

To answer your question, yes you can. However the process is long and not very easy. If you meet the requirements for Leicester, you need to ask permission from NTU and UCAS to move you into Clearing. Unconditional take ages to be removed from as you agreed to attend the uni regardless, hence the unconditional contract.

When you're in Clearing, ring up Leicester and ask if they have any room for extra students for that course. Chances are it might be full if you're not quick enough. They'll send you an email waiting for you to accept ONE offer for your Clearing choice. If Leicester says there isn't any room then was this really worth it?

Take this as a lesson learnt and remember to think carefully about what you're about to do, because it isn't as simple as clicking your fingers thinking everything will fall into place easily.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi Aisha,

If you exceed the grades for your firm choice, in your case NTU, you may want to consider going through Adjustment.

Adjustment is your chance to reconsider where and what you want to study. If you have achieved better grades than you needed for your unconditional firm (UF) choice, you could potentially swap your place. This depends on the grades you receive and whether there are any places left at the university.

You can find more information about Adjustment here: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected

You can also give our dedicated Clearing team a call for more advice about Clearing and Adjustment. The number is: 0116 373 6000.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Shauna

Incorrect. You can't use Adjustment with an unconditional offer.
That is correct, my apologies! If you are interested in finding out more about studying at Leicester, you can still contact our Clearing team for more information on the matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending