The Student Room Group

BSc Biological/ Bioveterinary Sciences at RVC

Hello. I am looking to apply for BSc Biological Sciences or Bioveterinary Sciences at RVC. I have two questions:

1. I'm not too sure about their differences? I understand that Bioveterinary Sciences is more animal based than the Biological Sciences course, but I would like some more details if possible.

2. Do these courses at RVC require interview upon selection? I understand science courses asking for interviews or not is unpredictable, so if someone has been asked for an interview for this course there previously please tell me if it does :frown: I live overseas so would there be like an online interview or do I need to travel to the uni for an interview?
Original post by Kistina Martin
Hello. I am looking to apply for BSc Biological Sciences or Bioveterinary Sciences at RVC. I have two questions:

1. I'm not too sure about their differences? I understand that Bioveterinary Sciences is more animal based than the Biological Sciences course, but I would like some more details if possible.

2. Do these courses at RVC require interview upon selection? I understand science courses asking for interviews or not is unpredictable, so if someone has been asked for an interview for this course there previously please tell me if it does :frown: I live overseas so would there be like an online interview or do I need to travel to the uni for an interview?

Hello :smile: I just graduated from the Bioveterinary science course at the rvc.

1. Essentially there isn't much difference between the degrees other than the name. What sort of thing are you thinking of doing in the long run? animal based? then it would probably sound better to have biovet. general biology? then perhaps it would sound better to have biological sciences.
They are essentially the same degree and lectures are all together. The only difference I noticed is when it comes to options for modules there is occasionally one that biovets can't pick or an essay title or something that the biological science can choose but biovet can't but this is few and far in between. Just pick whichever degree title would suit you in the long run and if you change your mind mid degree swapping would be very easy!

2. RVC does not currently hold interviews for either course :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by HarrietHarry
Hello :smile: I just graduated from the Bioveterinary science course at the rvc.

1. Essentially there isn't much difference between the degrees other than the name. What sort of thing are you thinking of doing in the long run? animal based? then it would probably sound better to have biovet. general biology? then perhaps it would sound better to have biological sciences.
They are essentially the same degree and lectures are all together. The only difference I noticed is when it comes to options for modules there is occasionally one that biovets can't pick or an essay title or something that the biological science can choose but biovet can't but this is few and far in between. Just pick whichever degree title would suit you in the long run and if you change your mind mid degree swapping would be very easy!

2. RVC does not currently hold interviews for either course :smile:

Good luck!

Hi there. i just got onto the course through clearing. How did you find the course? How much of a step up was it from A-level? Did you enjoy it? How heavy was the work load? Any advice for someone who will be starting soon?
Original post by Rhys Davies
Hi there. i just got onto the course through clearing. How did you find the course? How much of a step up was it from A-level? Did you enjoy it? How heavy was the work load? Any advice for someone who will be starting soon?

I have pm'ed you :smile:
Could you pm me too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending