username2500977
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
guys, if i don't get grades for my preferred course, if there r no spaces for the courses i want to apply through clearing, should i apply for something random?like a science or something
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bbeSk)
guys, if i don't get grades for my preferred course, if there r no spaces for the courses i want to apply through clearing, should i apply for something random?like a science or something
No.

Do you want to spend 3-4 years, followed by a career, doing 'something random'?
ESTAR1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gap year? Retake exams?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bbeSk)
No...

You don't "apply for something random", chances are you'll hate the subject you're going to study, drop out and waste everyone's time (and your money). This sounds like a recipe for disaster, and you should probably question the real reason as to why you are going to university after saying "should i apply for something random?".

If you can't get onto your chosen course, then ask if the university has the option for you to do a foundation year. If it's a no then resit your A-Levels.

EDIT:

I just read through some of your posts and you've switched from management to graphic design? and now you want to pick science? You're all over the place and should probably take a gap year before making any more impulsive decisions.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bbeSk)
yeah im aware - i actually just wrote science as a random subject wouldnt chose it, but ok. uh i dont think im sllowed to take a gap year but thanks for the advice.x
Look into a foundation year in which case - check the university's website to see if they offer such a thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (6)
10.34%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.17%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
43.1%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
24.14%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads