As of today, I am starting a new diet plan. It is as follows:

Monday: Unlimited calories.
    Tuesday: 800 or less calories.
    Wednesday: 900 or less calories.
    Thursday: 1000 or less calories.
    Friday: 900 or less calories.
    Saturday: 1000 or less calories.
    Sunday: 1000 or less calories.

Please no "eat everything in moderation", "just eat healthy and exercise" comments. Apart from on Mondays, I will eat healthily and exercise every day.
    Also, I'm not talking to my GP about my disordered eating. They have been programmed to not believe what I'm experiencing anyway.
    Don't tell me what to eat or do; you have probably been programmed too.
    Just tell me the possible bad consequences of eating like this.

Thanks .

ReputationRep:
    stupid and unsustainable

800 calories a day? smh

ReputationRep:

You have an eating disorder. Please see a psychiatrist for help.

ReputationRep:
    Bad consequences? You'll lose a significant portion of healthy lean tissue and muscle mass, you'll feel very ill to the point of dizziness and vomiting, peeing often burns like Hell. Sure your weight will drop on the scale, but what's the cost? Your body will become accustomed to the weekly refeed quickly enough and you're back to square one.

Good luck if you go for it. I barely lasted a week below BMR, but I'm hugely active.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Greetings fellow TSRians.

Please no "eat everything in moderation", "just eat healthy and exercise" comments. Apart from on Mondays, I will eat healthily and exercise every day.
    Also, I'm not talking to my GP about my disordered eating. They have been programmed to not believe what I'm experiencing anyway.

Thanks .
    'Fewer' not 'less'. You can count calories.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    I don't count them properly- I just round them to the next hundred.

ReputationRep:
    That is your major criticism of this post?
    Not the disastrously unhealthy portions.

(Original post by Raees_Sharif)

You have an eating disorder. Please see a psychiatrist for help.
    I don't have an eating disorder. Plus, my BMI is 18.7 so I am healthy. What would a psychiatrist do to help me?

E.g. yesterday, I ate a punnet of cherries and a bean burger with salad.

Today I have eaten some more raspberries, a small yogurt with nutella and biscoff spread added, 3/4 pack of Iceland's bakery mini choc chip cookies, 4 Tesco's Finest chocolate filled doughnuts, 2 cups of coffee, a caramel button cornetto and a jacket potato with bolognaise and cheese.
    So yeah, Mondays are my cheat/binge days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwarf-Shortage)
    That is your major criticism of this post?
    Not the disastrously unhealthy portions.
    Sometimes with replies to threads like these, less is more. The OP doesn't want a critique of the proposed diet. Not in a meaningful sense of the word, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes with replies to threads like these, less is more. The OP doesn't want a critique of the proposed diet. Not in a meaningful sense of the word, anyway.
    Makes sense, more or less

(Original post by sknudson)
    Bad consequences? You'll lose a significant portion of healthy lean tissue and muscle mass, you'll feel very ill to the point of dizziness and vomiting, peeing often burns like Hell. Sure your weight will drop on the scale, but what's the cost? Your body will become accustomed to the weekly refeed quickly enough and you're back to square one.

Good luck if you go for it. I barely lasted a week below BMR, but I'm hugely active.
    I have already been doing this diet for over a month and I feel fine. No dizziness or feelings of being unwell.

Greetings fellow TSRians.

Thanks .
    So your plan is to be an ignorant phillestine and abuse yourself.

Cool. Let me know how that goes.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Jesus. Those are some poverty calories. Bump them up to at least 1600 a day if you're female or at least 2500 a day if you're male. All dependant on your weight as well (could add even more calories). But what's for sure, rn you have an eating disorder. Get help

ReputationRep:
    What is your goal with this diet if your BMI is already 18.7?

(Original post by Tootles)
    So your plan is to be an ignorant phillestine and abuse yourself.

Cool. Let me know how that goes.
    Is yours to have a career in the healthcare sector working with vulnerable people? I hope not.
    Pretty rich coming from you anyway, I have read some of the things you post. Aren't you the woman who tried to make fairy cakes with vodka?

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Jesus. Those are some poverty calories. Bump them up to at least 1600 a day if you're female or at least 2500 a day if you're male. All dependant on your weight as well (could add even more calories). But what's for sure, rn you have an eating disorder. Get help
    What would this "help" entail?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    What would this "help" entail?
    Convincing you more food is good for you. Eat at least as much as your body needs. You can calculate this online. But I can assure you it's definetly over 1000 calories a day.

ReputationRep:
    A diet like this would make you ugly. Your hair will go horrible, your skin will suffer, your health will suffer, your metabolism would drastically slow down, your breath would smell, all your muscle will be lost, you’ll have no energy, you’ll probably stop burning fat and any slight increase in calories will result in your body converting that to fat if it isn’t doing that with the existing calories anyway.

But hey at least you’ll be skinny right? Well even that’s arguable, it’ll be fat loss that’s slowly killing you.

ReputationRep:
    If your BMI is 18.7 why are you dieting? That's on the lower end of healthy, you really don't need to lose any weight...

ReputationRep:
    It could have been worse - I keep hearing 'amount of people', from those that I assume don't usually chop them up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2017
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.