The Student Room Group

English Literature Coursework

I'm writing an essay on the presentation of the epic poem in Paradise Lost but the exam board suggests I narrow it down to only 1 of the 12 books for close analysis. To anyone who studied the poem, could you give me a suggestion as to which book best portrays the epic poem as a whole?
I have only read some of it and I learnt about it for my study on Frankenstein. I would suggest the book where Satan is chucked out of heaven and resents god. In this analysis, you can talk about the Romantic era too and how they identified with Satan. Hope this sorta helps!
Original post by Mynamajeff654
I'm writing an essay on the presentation of the epic poem in Paradise Lost but the exam board suggests I narrow it down to only 1 of the 12 books for close analysis. To anyone who studied the poem, could you give me a suggestion as to which book best portrays the epic poem as a whole?

Not sure if you are AQA I considered Paradise Lost, but then opted for Tennyson's (his collection a range of poems) instead, simply because for my prose I did War & Peace so didn't want to do another substantial text. Here is a link for an AQA exemplar, although bare in mind AQA have several specifications, this was for mine: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/AQA-7717-NEA-CEX-CON-RA-B5.PDF
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest