The Student Room Group

Does my best guy friend like me??? Confused!!

Ok, so I'm not sure if I like my best guy friend that I've known for 4 years (my friends say I do) and I'm not sure if he likes me (my friends think he does). He is one of my best friends and we see each other every week at a Christian bible church thing called AWANA that we help out at together. We always joke around together (inside jokes also), hug each other goodbye, and he sometimes calls me "kitty" because a little girl accidentally called me that one time. He jokingly teases me sometimes and is always super nice to me. The thing is, he is a really nice person already, so it's not like he is being especially nice to me, right? Anyway, the reason I posted this is because of the birthday letter he gave me. It read, "Dear (my name) Thank you for being such an AMAZING (<---underlined) friend. God has truly blessed me by putting you in my life. I hope you have the happiest birthday ever, and enjoy being 16!!! From: (his name)" after reading this I thought, wait....... Does he like me? I'm horrible with stuff like this and I would like advice :smile:
Original post by 43 yr/old WILF
Ok, so I'm not sure if I like my best guy friend that I've known for 4 years (my friends say I do) and I'm not sure if he likes me (my friends think he does). He is one of my best friends and we see each other every week at a Christian bible church thing called AWANA that we help out at together. We always joke around together (inside jokes also), hug each other goodbye, and he sometimes calls me "kitty" because a little girl accidentally called me that one time. He jokingly teases me sometimes and is always super nice to me. The thing is, he is a really nice person already, so it's not like he is being especially nice to me, right? Anyway, the reason I posted this is because of the birthday letter he gave me. It read, "Dear (my name) Thank you for being such an AMAZING (<---underlined) friend. God has truly blessed me by putting you in my life. I hope you have the happiest birthday ever, and enjoy being 16!!! From: (his name)" after reading this I thought, wait....... Does he like me? I'm horrible with stuff like this and I would like advice :smile:

From this alone there's no way of telling whether or not he likes you - he could easily just be a very sincere friend while he could also, obviously, 'like like' you.

Perhaps ask him to spend the day doing something with you at some point - this will give him the opportunity to treat it like a date if he likes you but if he doesn't, he will obviously just continue treating you like a friend
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
From this alone there's no way of telling whether or not he likes you - he could easily just be a very sincere friend while he could also, obviously, 'like like' you.

Perhaps ask him to spend the day doing something with you at some point - this will give him the opportunity to treat it like a date if he likes you but if he doesn't, he will obviously just continue treating you like a friend

Ok but For the first 2 months he did not say a single word to me, I'd see him look at me, but when ever I actually looked back at him he would turn away, if he said bye to some of my friends who I'd be talking to, he would glance at me really fast than turn away. I finally got the courage to talk to him, and I went up to him and one of my friends because they were talking about my fave topic...music... and just talked mainly to my friend, but I'd ask the guy I like questions about his interests when it comes to music (which I really knew alot of anyways because I've gotten to be real good friends with his sister)...anyways, ever since than he makes teasing joke towards me but not mean or anything and he likes to stand near me alot here recently. I'm just curious, does it sound like he likes me back or not?
Do you like him?
Reply 4
Original post by 43 yr/old WILF
Ok but For the first 2 months he did not say a single word to me, I'd see him look at me, but when ever I actually looked back at him he would turn away, if he said bye to some of my friends who I'd be talking to, he would glance at me really fast than turn away. I finally got the courage to talk to him, and I went up to him and one of my friends because they were talking about my fave topic...music... and just talked mainly to my friend, but I'd ask the guy I like questions about his interests when it comes to music (which I really knew alot of anyways because I've gotten to be real good friends with his sister)...anyways, ever since than he makes teasing joke towards me but not mean or anything and he likes to stand near me alot here recently. I'm just curious, does it sound like he likes me back or not?

To me, it is obvious that you like him. I feel like he 'like like you' back as well but there is infinite probability. For example, your friend told him that you like him and he is happy and embarrassed to hear that you like him or it could mean he doesn't want to make things awkward because he is just a sincere friend. Sorry if it sounds like I am discouraging you. I mean I don't understand even from a male perspective why he would ignore you for 2 months? Even if he doesn't like you and wants to be a really sincere friend with you I don't understand why would anyone doesn't say a single word to their friend? Unless they found out their friend's deepest and darkest secrete otherwise I don't see any reason really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending