Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Geography: A

Grades I will get realistically:
Mathmatics: B
Chemistry:B
Physics: C
Geography: B

Grades I actually got (RESULTS DAY TBC AUGUST 17TH)
Mathmatics: C
Physics: D
Chemistry: C

Reflections on my grades and what I need to to improve:

Need to resit C1 and C2
I'm dropping Geography
Need to remark Physics and Chemistry if I'm close to the nest grade
Need to buy books for some subject.
I'm disappointed with Chemistry because I thought I would get a B
Maths C1 and C2 was hard for me i cried the night before one of them I'm glad I didn't get anything lower next year I need to work hard if I'm going to get a A* in maths which I hope for

I am happy with Physics because it is really hard and I tired my best and I didn't fail woohoo! I need to work even harder tho
GOALS

1) Achieve final A level grades of:
Mathmatics A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*

2) Keep this GYG thread updated on weekly bases commencing September 1st 2017 to track revision and self study journey post super hard questions so I can look over it 1 month before my exam

3) Get into Imperial for Physics Msci (A*A*A*- A*A*A)

Post Year 12
This was the toughest year of my life, I was not used to this way of learning and I messed myself I used the wrong way to revise and worked too much. I did not do enough practice and I was not consistent in the way I worked. The exams were hard. I think that I will need to resit my C1 and C2 modules.

Pre- Year 13

I have been trying to get better at doing stuff. I started to go to the gym and started to eat healthy. I've been trying to read more books and listen to more pod-cast. I have got all my year 13 material ready and I have gone back on AS stuff and I need to start learning AS content and I have started to write notes on A-Level Physics as we started to learn some of it and I hope to finish making book notes on further mechanics and thermal physics for prep and for chemistry too.I have started to follow a time table but it is difficult but I will keep trying.
xxx-ooo-xxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wwyeats)
Subjects/ GOALS( For myself)
Mathmatics A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*

Predicted Grades(TBC):
Mathmatics
Chemistry
Physics

Grades I want to get for AS:
Mathematics: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: B

Grades I will get realistically:
Mathmatics: A
Chemistry:B
Physics: C
Geography: B

Grades I actually got (RESULTS DAY TBC AUGUST 17TH)
Mathmatics:
Physics:
Chemistry:
Geography:

Reflections on my grades and what I need to to improve:

GOALS

1) Achieve final A level grades of:
Mathmatics A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*

2) Keep this GYG thread updated on weekly bases commencing September 1st 2017 to track revision and self study journey post super hard questions so I can look over it 1 month before my exam

3) Get into Imperial for Physics Msci (A*A*A*- A*A*A)

Post Year 12
This was the toughest year of my life, I was not used to this way of learning and I messed myself I used the wrong way to revise and worked too much. I did not do enough practice and I was not consistent in the way I worked. The exams were hard. I think that I will need to resit my C1 and C2 modules.

Pre- Year 13

I have been trying to get better at doing stuff. I started to go to the gym and started to eat healthy. I've been trying to read more books and listen to more pod-cast. I have got all my year 13 material ready and I have gone back on AS stuff and I need to start learning AS content and I have started to write notes on A-Level Physics as we started to learn some of it and I hope to finish making book notes on further mechanics and thermal physics for prep and for chemistry too.I have started to follow a time table but it is difficult but I will keep trying.
Good luck, I hope you pull it through with your AS exams!

If it's any consolation, I missed many months of school prior to my AS exams last year due to the death of my parent which led me to expect Bs, Cs, Ds - I eventually came out with 3As and a B (one UMS off an A) which I think definitely shows you that you can underestimate yourself in exams! I also felt that I'd done too much work and done all the wrong revision one year later and I'm feeling exactly the same about my A2 exams
wwyeats
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
Good luck, I hope you pull it through with your AS exams!

If it's any consolation, I missed many months of school prior to my AS exams last year due to the death of my parent which led me to expect Bs, Cs, Ds - I eventually came out with 3As and a B (one UMS off an A) which I think definitely shows you that you can underestimate yourself in exams! I also felt that I'd done too much work and done all the wrong revision one year later and I'm feeling exactly the same about my A2 exams
Don't worry you will pull through, anything can happen just keep believing in yourself !
xxx-ooo-xxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wwyeats)
Don't worry you will pull through, anything can happen just keep believing in yourself !
Thank you - you should take something from your own advice too! A2 for me felt easier after AS with that year of experience having familiarised myself with the style of learning etc. so I'm sure you'll do excellently next year
wwyeats
Rep:
?
UPDATE I've just attended the imperial summer school it was hella coool I learnt loads first thing I need to fix is my personal statement and send it over to my mentor
wwyeats
Rep:
?
I've calculated how much I need in maths to get an A* exactly (low A*)

so
C1 - 83> UMS
C2 - 83> UMS
S1 - 75 UMS (Not resitting so its fine)
C3 - 90 > UMS
C4 -90 > UMS
S2 - 90 > UMS

TOTAL - 511 WHICH IS AN A* I THINK
I CAN DO IT THO !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (1)
25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (0)
0%

Watched Threads