Special consideration in a level exams

Watch this thread
igotnomoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well basically my school applied for this because I couldn't focus fully on revision as my mom was seriously ill and I had to look after her and you get brother. The exam board say they award 1-5 percent to the raw mark but my question is that since my target grade is AAB but I think I have done better does that mean it will still be applied e.g if I get high A and that's my target grade, will the exam board give me extra marks so i get a star whicg is not my tarhet grade .. because i really wnat it as ive done so mich work this year
xxx-ooo-xxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by igotnomoney)
Well basically my school applied for this because I couldn't focus fully on revision as my mom was seriously ill and I had to look after her and you get brother. The exam board say they award 1-5 percent to the raw mark but my question is that since my target grade is AAB but I think I have done better does that mean it will still be applied e.g if I get high A and that's my target grade, will the exam board give me extra marks so i get a star whicg is not my tarhet grade .. because i really wnat it as ive done so mich work this year
Given your circumstances I would assume you'd get 3% of the raw mark added to your grade. The exam boards have no knowledge of your predicted grades - there is no cap on giving you your special consideration unless you already had full marks so there is the possibility that you could get A*s
igotnomoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
Given your circumstances I would assume you'd get 3% of the raw mark added to your grade. The exam boards have no knowledge of your predicted grades - there is no cap on giving you your special consideration unless you already had full marks so there is the possibility that you could get A*s
Thankyou
sk999
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
Hi so how many marks would that be? For example if the paper was out of 100... how many marks would you get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads