Emmabrennan97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am Irish and have been accepted to study at a uni in London starting in September. However in the past few months due to various unfortunate circumstances going ahead with studying in the U.K. was no longer in the cards for me until recently. I have not applied for student finance yet and was wondering if I am still able to do so? Here in Ireland if you are late applying for a grant you are required to pay your tuition fee in whole and get it back when your grant has been confirmed is this the Same case in the uk? If someone could get back to me as soon as you could I would really appreciate it thank you!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emmabrennan97)
I am Irish and have been accepted to study at a uni in London starting in September. However in the past few months due to various unfortunate circumstances going ahead with studying in the U.K. was no longer in the cards for me until recently. I have not applied for student finance yet and was wondering if I am still able to do so? Here in Ireland if you are late applying for a grant you are required to pay your tuition fee in whole and get it back when your grant has been confirmed is this the Same case in the uk? If someone could get back to me as soon as you could I would really appreciate it thank you!
You can apply up to 9 months after your course has started. Your finance may not be on time though.
Emmabrennan97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
You can apply up to 9 months after your course has started. Your finance may not be on time though.
Does this mean I will have to pay my first instalment in October? I understand that the tutition is payed in three payments and my first is in October?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Emmabrennan97

Every student is given nine months after the course starts to make an application if it's past the nine months you will need to write a covering letter explaining the circumstance behind why your application is late and it will be down to the assessors desecration.

Thanks
Emmabrennan97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi Emmabrennan97

Every student is given nine months after the course starts to make an application if it's past the nine months you will need to write a covering letter explaining the circumstance behind why your application is late and it will be down to the assessors desecration.

Thanks
My course does not start until mid September and I have just applied? If I have 9 months to apply after it starts does that mean I am within the time frame as I havnt even started yet? Sorry for all the questions but this is just all new to me.. thank you so much for your response!
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Emmabrennan97

Yes you are still within the time frame as you can still make an application nine months even after the course starts.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads