Progression into the third year Watch

Mixoo1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I've not long finished the second year of an economics course, where I passed 5/6 modules at a 2:2 level and failed one module.

for the one module which I failed, 50% of the grade element was an exam in which I passed where the other half was a 2500 coursework, which I non submitted the first initial submission, aswell as a the referral for the coursework.

The reason why I non submitted the module is that I had other pieces of coursework in for that time period and I was stressed at the time and under the impression that I would be able to resist the module in the third year, so I concentrated on my other modules in the hope that I would be able to take the module into the third year.

But last week I got an email saying that I am unable to progress into third year due to the failed module having a NS, and will have to resist the module as a part time study next year, then to progress into third year in 2018.

I don't want to do this as I am already a year behind as I changed course after my first year and would rather graduate next year.

So I am curious what my options are to whether I would be able to transfer university into a 3rd year study as that I have 120 credits from my first year and 100 overall from my second year.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mixoo1996)
Hi, I've not long finished the second year of an economics course, where I passed 5/6 modules at a 2:2 level and failed one module.

for the one module which I failed, 50% of the grade element was an exam in which I passed where the other half was a 2500 coursework, which I non submitted the first initial submission, aswell as a the referral for the coursework.

The reason why I non submitted the module is that I had other pieces of coursework in for that time period and I was stressed at the time and under the impression that I would be able to resist the module in the third year, so I concentrated on my other modules in the hope that I would be able to take the module into the third year.

But last week I got an email saying that I am unable to progress into third year due to the failed module having a NS, and will have to resist the module as a part time study next year, then to progress into third year in 2018.

I don't want to do this as I am already a year behind as I changed course after my first year and would rather graduate next year.

So I am curious what my options are to whether I would be able to transfer university into a 3rd year study as that I have 120 credits from my first year and 100 overall from my second year.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thank you!
It appears you are in the position to your own poor choices and failing to check.

Transfers in second year are uncommon and normally based on you having achieved good grades and having done work of a similar standard to the uni you wish to transfer to. Transfer into third year are even rarer.

It is at the discretion of the uni whether to accept you. I believe you will have a difficult ask persuading them.

Go and see the student advisor to check the rules on progression have been applied correctly.

In respect a a transfer I believe your chances are slim, but you can try. Probably a uni which is much lower than your current one. the rules will be on the website.

The open university may also be a possible.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would a university choose to accept a student who doesn't have the credits to continue with their current course and failed their last year? You can try and appeal the decision with your current uni but you might just have to accept it. It was a very bad decision not to submit,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%