The Student Room Group

Do men even need women?

Saw the "Do women even need men" thread, and realised you could easily make the same thread for men. As a man, its quite easy to say women offer very little of value beyond sex, and tbh you dont even need a relationship to have sex.

Money - In most relationships men make the most money, and studies have shown women spend a lot more money than they generate, so for a man ditching a relationship will help keep your bank account healthy

Companionship - Most guys will agree their friendships with women are generally not as valuable as those with men, bc men and women have different interests, and women are more interested in superficial things.

Emotional comfort - Mostly women dont provide emotional support to men. When a woman needs support she expects her bf /male friends to give it, but when a man needs support women just look at you as weak. So women completely fail in this respect

Cooking, cleaning & chores - Any self respecting man is def able to take care of himself in this respect.

Sex - We live in the hookup culture where sex is easier to attain than ever (ONS, FWB, NSA, MBA etc), and even if that fails there's always a) sex dolls (which are becoming very realistic), and b) prossies.

Before you object on prossies, realise every man pays for sex in one way or another, there's no such thing as free sex. Doesnt necessarily mean the price is always high, but def no such thing as free sex - sex is always earned in some way. Anyway as long as you keep it wrapped up std risk with prossies is zero

Kids - @Sarahsez If you're a single woman and you have a kid, when you're home taking care of kid, who's going to be at work to earn money to support you both? If you work full time then you totally miss out on raising your kid since you have no partner, and if you work part time then you need to make enough money support yourself, your kid and fund expensive childcare costs.

Finally, there's a lot of evidence that shows for men married life is just a slow countdown to your life falling apart of late nights working overtime to earn enough to support your family; tensions between you and your wife and sexless marriages are common; and your wife eventually leaving you 7 years into the marriage and suing you for half your stuff, and a lifetime of alimony payments.

Think the choice is easy, guys.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Men need women for when their right hand is too tired
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Men need women for when their right hand is too tired

Ye that's a pretty serious flaw in the whole argument.
Maybe we could try the left hand, after our right hands tire.
Original post by GPiph

That's such a good idea😂 I'm starting a hashtag #WomenAreTrash you might be interested in spreading the word 🙂🙂
Original post by GPiph

This :lol:

The time I had carpel tunnel in my right I just used the left instead!
WOW
Original post by hamzakalinle
yeah everything you wrote is all well and good (it genuinely was you made great points) but all that sh*t gets thrown out the window the second you catch feelings - at that point you don't just need them but kinda can't go without them

Why catch feelings when you can catch ££££

*fist bump* we speaking the same language man
Original post by InDeathIsLife
Saw the "Do women even need men" thread, and realised you could easily make the same thread for men. As a man, its quite easy to say women offer very little of value beyond sex, and tbh you dont even need a relationship to have sex.

Money - In most relationships men make the most money, and studies have shown women spend a lot more money than they generate, so for a man ditching a relationship will help keep your bank account healthy

Companionship - Most guys will agree their friendships with women are generally not as valuable as those with men, bc men and women have different interests, and women are more interested in superficial things.

Emotional comfort - Mostly women dont provide emotional support to men. When a woman needs support she expects her bf /male friends to give it, but when a man needs support women just look at you as weak. So women completely fail in this respect

Cooking, cleaning & chores - Any self respecting man is def able to take care of himself in this respect.

Sex - We live in the hookup culture where sex is easier to attain than ever, and even if that fails there's always prossies. Before you object, realise every man pays for sex in one way or another, there's no such thing as free sex. Doesnt necessarily mean the price is always high, but def no such thing as free sex - sex is always earned in some way. Anyway as long as you keep it wrapped up std risk with prossies is zero

Kids - @Sarahsez If you're a single woman and you have a kid, when you're home taking care of kid, who's going to be at work to earn money to support you both? If you work full time then you totally miss out on raising your kid since you have no partner, and if you work part time then you need to make enough money support yourself, your kid and fund expensive childcare costs.

Finally, there's a lot of evidence that shows for men married life is just a slow countdown to your life falling apart of late nights working overtime to earn enough to support your family; tensions between you and your wife and sexless marriages are common; and your wife eventually leaving you 7 years into the marriage and suing you for half your stuff, and a lifetime of alimony payments.

Think the choice is easy, guys.

Okay a lot of this is a lie. Boys need some emotional support there are things that he can't talk about with his guy friends/family especially if he isnt close with his family so he talks about it with his gf.
Lol its true men are able to cook and clean etc. But lets be honest, who's going to be willing to have sex numerous of times with some prostitute. I mean you must know that something that you love is better than quick release.
Don't you love your mum anyways? Like she gave birth to you how can you say you don't need women everyone needs their mum lol
(edited 6 years ago)

In the profound words of acclaimed philosopher Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn—also known as Future—in his magnum opus, Mask Off, "chase a cheque, never chase a b*tch".

why post as anon when you can post as non-anon?
Original post by Boredom101
Okay a lot of this is a lie. Boys need some emotional support there are things that he can't talk about with his guy friends/family especially if he isnt close with his family so he talks about it with his gf.

You can tlak about with your gf, but she is actually far more likely to judge you and look down on your than your guy friends. Maybe not to your face but whenever you reveal weakness to women, it always negatively impacts how they see you. And often they will use that weakness against you , like in arguments and stuff

Original post by Boredom101
But lets be honest, who's going to be willing to have sex numerous of times with some prostitute. I mean you must know that something that you love is better than quick release.

Just making the same points the girl made in the opposite thread. But tbh, having been in a relationship for 6 years, I would disagre.

Yes I do enjoy the intimacy and emotional connection with my gf, but 90% of the times a man wants sex he wants the sex to be exciting, rough, kinky, naughty sex etc and emotion is unnecessary, and often you will find your gf is not the best source for that, especially the longer you've been together.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LostYouth
In the profound words of acclaimed philosopher Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn—also known as Future—in his magnum opus, Mask Off, "chase a cheque, never chase a b*tch".

😂😂😂 swear these rappers speak the truth
The same goes for meek mill when he says, don't need these h*es I'm getting money me and all my woes
Original post by hamzakalinle
why post as anon when you can post as non-anon?

Don't need feminists private messaging me still
You can tlak about with your gf, but she is actually far more likely to judge you and look down on your than your guy friends. Maybe not to your face but whenever you reveal weakness to women, it always negatively impacts how they see you. And often they will use that weakness against you , like in arguments and stuff

Just making the same points the girl made in the opposite thread. But tbh, having been in a LTR for 6 years, I would disagree and say yes I do enjoy the intimacy with my gf, but 90% of the times a man wants sex he wants the sex to be exciting, rough, kinky, naughty sex etc, and often you will find your gf is not the best source for that, especially the longer you've been together.

Tbh I don't think it does depending on how much she loves you tbh. Not all women are like that. Have you told her you want it to be like that though?
Men and women need each other imo, that kind of intimacy can't be found with just anyone
😂😂😂 swear these rappers speak the truth
The same goes for meek mill when he says, don't need these h*es I'm getting money me and all my woes

My fave one is kanye's "B**ch I dont need your pussy, I'm on my own d**k" :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
These gender wars are pointless.
Also why is the word "d**k" blocked by the swear filter, but not pussy? #Sexism #MensRights
Bit of an offensive thread, but tbh the thread you referenced was almost as bad with plenty on there implying mens only value was sex, some even questing that. Tbh, despite how much people try to downplay it, romantic relationships are important to most people, most people need that level of care, bond, connection, intimacy and love in life. If the craving wasn't strong we wouldn't bother with the all effort, why not stick with your friends? For that reason women need men, just as men need women.
Also why is the word "d**k" blocked by the swear filter, but not pussy? #Sexism #MensRights

😂😂😂😂 exactly f***ing right, I swear females complain about inequality but they have it way easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending