The Student Room Group

Why is the student satisfaction rating quite low for drama studies at Royal Holloway?

Hello student room,

I am planning to do a joint honours undergraduate degree in French and Drama. I have decided that Royal Holloway is probably the best place for me to do it. However, I have come accross something that worries me.

I discovered recently that, while the student satisfaction ratings for French were very high, the most recent student satisfaction rating for drama and theatre studies at Royal Holloway was quite low. About 73% of final year students who studied drama were satisfied with the course. That is quite low compared to other universities, especially Warwick (about 98% of warwick students were satisfied with the theatre studies course. However, I don't want to go there as I feel that joint honours courses are much better organised at Royal Holloway).

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this. Why are the student satisfaction ratings so low for drama students at Royal Holloway? Is it something I should be worried about? Is there a problem with the course that I should know of?
Original post by Garno45
Hello student room,

I am planning to do a joint honours undergraduate degree in French and Drama. I have decided that Royal Holloway is probably the best place for me to do it. However, I have come accross something that worries me.

I discovered recently that, while the student satisfaction ratings for French were very high, the most recent student satisfaction rating for drama and theatre studies at Royal Holloway was quite low. About 73% of final year students who studied drama were satisfied with the course. That is quite low compared to other universities, especially Warwick (about 98% of warwick students were satisfied with the theatre studies course. However, I don't want to go there as I feel that joint honours courses are much better organised at Royal Holloway).

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this. Why are the student satisfaction ratings so low for drama students at Royal Holloway? Is it something I should be worried about? Is there a problem with the course that I should know of?

Have you looked on unistats for the breakdown of scores?

Once you've done that if you're still worried then contact them and ask what they're doing to address the low satisfaction levels.
I don't know but being in London might have something to do with it.
Original post by Moonstruck16
I don't know but being in London might have something to do with it.

RH isn't in London. Students don't commute in on the tube.

(Plus if it were a London issue the satisfaction for french would be similarly low)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PQ
RH isn't in London. Students don't commute in on the tube.

(Plus if it were a London issue the satisfaction for french would be similarly low)

I always wondered why us London Uni student rarely encountered RH in sports matches. Now I know.

Quick Reply

Latest