Chris Greenaway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I have a conditional offer, I know I already have the UCAS points, it just my GCSE in English I still need (ffs), and when I went on track this morning it says (conditional offer (firmly accepted)).

Does this mean they've received my results and have confirmed my place? Or does this mean I've accepted their conditional offer?
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chris Greenaway)
So I have a conditional offer, I know I already have the UCAS points, it just my GCSE in English I still need (ffs), and when I went on track this morning it says (conditional offer (firmly accepted)).

Does this mean they've received my results and have confirmed my place? Or does this mean I've accepted their conditional offer?
It means you have firmly accepted the conditions of their offer. It's now on you to achieve those conditions with your exam results.

Best of luck!
Chris Greenaway
Rep:
?
Well **** hahahah, so does the Uni receive my GCSE english results or do I have to wait until the 26th to find out? Because I know I already have the UCAS points, I have 160 and I only need 112.

(Original post by Cubone-r)
It means you have firmly accepted the conditions of their offer. It's now on you to achieve those conditions with your exam results.

Best of luck!
Cubone-r
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well **** hahahah, so does the Uni receive my GCSE english results or do I have to wait until the 26th to find out? Because I know I already have the UCAS points, I have 160 and I only need 112.
The university will receive your results before results day, but you will not find out if they have accepted you until the morning/afternoon of results day. If you have the UCAS points already, then you just need to get the grade you need in your GCSE English.

You just have to wait until results day, sadly.
Chris Greenaway
Rep:
?
What was today then? Updating tracking with our results, what do they mean? (Fyi sorry for all the questions I just want to fully understand it all)

The university will receive your results before results day, but you will not find out if they have accepted you until the morning/afternoon of results day. If you have the UCAS points already, then you just need to get the grade you need in your GCSE English.

You just have to wait until results day, sadly.
Cubone-r
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was today then? Updating tracking with our results, what do they mean? (Fyi sorry for all the questions I just want to fully understand it all)
Today was the Scottish results day. Unless you took the Scottish qualifications (i.e. highers and advanced highers) you won't know the outcome of your exams until the results day for England & Wales.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to add that you will have to inform the university directly about your GCSE result - they won't get it from Ucas as they do with A-levels etc.
Chris Greenaway
Rep:
?
I was on about this Image

Today was the Scottish results day. Unless you took the Scottish qualifications (i.e. highers and advanced highers) you won't know the outcome of your exams until the results day for England & Wales.
Chris Greenaway
Rep:
?
Ah okay, this is what I was wondering. So I have to wait until the 23rd, find out English and then ring up the university and confirm?

Thank you!!

(Original post by ageshallnot)
Just to add that you will have to inform the university directly about your GCSE result - they won't get it from Ucas as they do with A-levels etc.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah okay, this is what I was wondering. So I have to wait until the 23rd, find out English and then ring up the university and confirm?

Thank you!!
It's the 24th, but yes. They will probably require proof, but you can ask them about that when you ring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.46%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.13%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (66)
42.31%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (38)
24.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed