The Student Room Group

Should I invite my boyfriend to my best guy friends birthday party?

My friends mum came to my workplace yesterday to personally invite me to my best guy friends surprise birthday. I haven't seen him in months but we talk via text mostly. I will definitely going, my first thought was to invite my boyfriend (after checking its OK with my friends mum). The thing is I've never mentioned him to my boyfriend, I've shared a few stories referring to him as my friend but never any details.

My boyfriend doesn't see or mention his friends much. He has one friend that he grew up with that we often chill with, however I only met some of his other friends a couple weeks ago. So I kinda feel like he shouldn't feel alarmed by me introducing me to my friend. I think it's more the fact that it's a guy thats making me overthink this. What do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
My friends mum came to my workplace yesterday to personally invite me to my best guy friends surprise birthday. I haven't seen him in months but we talk via text mostly. I will definitely going, my first thought was to invite my boyfriend (after checking its OK with my friends mum). The thing is I've never mentioned him to my boyfriend, I've shared a few stories referring to him as my friend but never any details.

My boyfriend doesn't see or mention his friends much. He has one friend that he grew up with that we often chill with, however I only met some of his other friends a couple weeks ago. So I kinda feel like he shouldn't feel alarmed by me introducing me to my friend. I think it's more the fact that it's a guy thats making me overthink this. What do you think?

You don't need to overthink it at all, particularly since you've met some of his friends
Reply 2
There should be no secrets in a relationship so go ahead as long as your guy friend knows you're inviting your bf. You can just mention it and he shouldn't feel awkward because you asked him.
If you want to invite him, then go for it! I see no reason not to, from what you've said :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
You don't need to overthink it at all, particularly since you've met some of his friends

Thank you

Original post by storm95
There should be no secrets in a relationship so go ahead as long as your guy friend knows you're inviting your bf. You can just mention it and he shouldn't feel awkward because you asked him.

There shouldn't be any secrets, but sadly there always seems to be. I can't mention the party to my guy friend yet because he can't know that his mum has spoken to me already.

Original post by shadowdweller
If you want to invite him, then go for it! I see no reason not to, from what you've said :biggrin:

Thanks I will do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending