skoda fabia vs corsa really need advice

Watch
danial12332
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i am looking for my first car. i research a bit and all diesel cars give more mpg than petrol.
i had my licence for 2.5 years and 21 years and 8 months old.

now keeping in mind my insurance which car is better suited . 2008 skoda fabia 1.4tdi or 2008-2009 corsa 1.3tdi .
anyone have experience with these cars. should i go with 1.2 petrol engines ?
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
BigYoSpeck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Deisel is a dead duck. The extra mileage they get doesn't tend to pay off unless you're doing big mileages (like 12k+ a year).

With clean air zones and VED increases likely I would be going for a low capacity petrol engine.

As for which to choose, it depends on their price, service history, mileage, and which you like the look of.
NX172
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danial12332)
now keeping in mind my insurance which car is better suited . 2008 skoda fabia 1.4tdi or 2008-2009 corsa 1.3tdi .
Why not just get quotes from an insurance comparison website and see for yourself?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i am looking for my first car. i research a bit and all diesel cars give more mpg than petrol.

To be honest it makes no difference - you are young and no matter which way you slice it the biggest thing is going to be the cost of insurance. I would personally go for the corsa but that is only because I am older and have bad memories of skoda (they are much improved)

Yes diesel give more MPG but as someone else said they are dead ducks now. You just need to build up more no claims and get older...
Dysf(x)al
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I really don't recommend you get a diesel. The regulations on them (especially older ones) are getting tighter and tighter, and soon you'll probably find that the running costs are much higher due to tax.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

If you want cheaper insurance go for a 1.2 petrol. (It'll be cheaper most of the time, but make sure to do your research and quotes)

Diesel gives a slightly better MPG reading, but with fuel prices these days, you're most likely going to be paying the exact same price for a gallon.
storm95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

In my experience, you only get the benefits of a diesel when you're commuting long distance on a motorway otherwise it doesn't make much difference. If you're going to be on a motorway or doing long distance a lot of the time then get a diesel otherwise stick to petrol. And personally I'd pick the skoda for reliability but corsa looks less like a grandma car
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads