The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sheffield is my first choice!!
My stats are
GCSE: 6A* 2A 1B
AS: AAA
Predicted a level: A*A*A*
I also have also achieved a levels in the wrong subjects : A*AB (Theatre Studies, Maths and History)
My UKCAT average is 745 with Band 1.
Any advice ?
Hoping I get an interview!

GCSE - 3 A*, 6 A, 1 B
UKCAT - 707.5 average, with Band 2

Will I be okay???
Original post by molly.butcherx
Hoping I get an interview!

GCSE - 3 A*, 6 A, 1 B
UKCAT - 707.5 average, with Band 2

Will I be okay???

You have a strong UKCAT so it's likely you would get an interview as I think they rank all UKCATs then pick the top.
I just checked the website and last year the lowest UKCAT score to be invited to interview was 666 and 675 the year before.
Although the cut off does depend on scores of the applicants so you should have a better idea when the preliminary averages are published in September
Reply 4
I'm considering applying to Sheffield
Stats:
GCSE: 8A* 1A (English lang) 1B (Art)
AS: AA (Maths and Physics)
UKCAT: 716.5 SJT Band 3
Reply 5
This year Sheffield have a ukcat cut off of 615
Original post by Riya99

The cut off is usually a lot lower than the lowest score to be invited to interview. So if you apply I think you need a pretty high UKCAT
Original post by MollBritton98
The cut off is usually a lot lower than the lowest score to be invited to interview. So if you apply I think you need a pretty high UKCAT

Is getting a place for the interviews just based on UKCAT?
Is getting a place for the interviews just based on UKCAT?

Yeah I think so
Yeah I think so

Good, my GCSEs aren't too great! Where else are you thinking of applying?
Original post by Riya99

They have a minimum cut off set before you apply, however the actual interview cut off will be much higher and you won't know until after you have applied.
Good, my GCSEs aren't too great! Where else are you thinking of applying?

I'm the same, like mine are good but only got 6A* and they usually score your top 8 GCSEs so I wouldn't get full points.
Thinking Hull York, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Keele, Liverpool or Nottingham not sure top ones yet. What about you?
I'm the same, like mine are good but only got 6A* and they usually score your top 8 GCSEs so I wouldn't get full points.
Thinking Hull York, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Keele, Liverpool or Nottingham not sure top ones yet. What about you?

I only got 3, so I know I definitely wouldn't, so I'm looking more UKCAT based! Hopefully Newcastle HYMS and Southampton as well as Sheffield!
Hey guys! I'm applying to Sheffield as a grad student.

My stats are:
Predicted1st in Nursing from KCL
AABa in Alevels(chem, psyc and bio)
5A*'s 2A's and 2B's

UKCAT 710 Band 1

Does anyone know how they score you after interview?
Reply 14
Original post by Becky21ck

My stats are:
5A*'s 2A's and 2B's

UKCAT 710 Band 1

they score all your interview stations (including the virtual SJT) from 1-5, compile the scores and then rank your scores, giving offers based on your score rankings
Reply 15
Original post by peanut098
they score all your interview stations (including the virtual SJT) from 1-5, compile the scores and then rank your scores, giving offers based on your score rankings

Do you know if they take into mind any academic results after the interview stage? Or after the interview stage is offer-making based solely on interview performance?

And how do they use the PS in the selection process??
Original post by Becky21ck

My stats are:
5A*'s 2A's and 2B's

UKCAT 710 Band 1

Same here!
Biomed grad with a 2.1, 720 ukcat and lots of hands on care experience. Where else are you thinking of applying? Are you looking at any postgrad places?
Reply 17
Original post by iras
Do you know if they take into mind any academic results after the interview stage? Or after the interview stage is offer-making based solely on interview performance?

And how do they use the PS in the selection process??

no I think academics are just used pre-interview to check you cross the threshold. after the interview its just your MMI score used. I don't think the PS is used at any stage of the process but your reference is checked before an offer is made.
Heyy I'm applying to Sheffield!

GCSEs: 10 A*
AS Level: AAAA
UKCAT: 758, band 1

Also looking at Newcastle, Kings College, Leicester, and possibly Imperial or UCL (unsure about whether I want to do BMAT yet though!)
Original post by Fcla7674
Same here!
Biomed grad with a 2.1, 720 ukcat and lots of hands on care experience. Where else are you thinking of applying? Are you looking at any postgrad places?

That sounds really impressive! No sadly not, I think 710 UKCAT is too borderline/risky for graduate entry unfortunately.

I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester and Glasgow. What about yourself?

Latest