The Student Room Group

Does dropping out of university affect future student loans?

Hey,

I dropped out of university after 1 month in 2016 and plan to reapply for 2018 entry. So I was wondering if me dropping out would have any affect on my student loans? I am aware that we're given 1 'extra year' so to my knowledge my tuition fees should be fine. However, I am concerned about my maintenance loan. For 2016 I received the 'maximum' maintenance loan and I'm unsure if I should expect the same amount for 2018? Also I'll be 21 at entry in 2018 - not sure if that affects it at all, but just in case.

This is really worrying me at the moment so I'd really appreciate some info. Thanks in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sbbh
Hey,

I dropped out of university after 1 month in 2016 and plan to reapply for 2018 entry. So I was wondering if me dropping out would have any affect on my student loans? I am aware that we're given 1 'extra year' so to my knowledge my tuition fees should be fine. However, I am concerned about my maintenance loan. For 2016 I received the 'maximum' maintenance loan and I'm unsure if I should expect the same amount for 2018? Also I'll be 21 at entry in 2018 - not sure if that affects it at all, but just in case.

This is really worrying me at the moment so I'd really appreciate some info. Thanks in advance!

As you say your gift year will be used up from your previous start, but that still leaves you with full funding for a degree. No effect ct for your other two questions. You should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending