Christian Related Jobs Watch

SashSlav24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm a Christian and know for certain that I want a job in that field of work. My question is, do you know any jobs that are related to Christianity and giving to others?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
become a priest or a nun
Ikeo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A missionary
···
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
become an evolutionist
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Work for a Christian charity, like Cafod or Christian Aid?
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Rock UK is an activity week company that only takes practicing Christians.
LostYouth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UCCF, Titus Trust (Irwene, Forres and LDN), Lymington Rushmore Holidays, church apprenticeship, missionary work, etc.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SashSlav24)
Hi, I'm a Christian and know for certain that I want a job in that field of work.
Indoctrination? Priest or nun.

What are you going to do if / when you realise that religion is a lie?

My question is, do you know any jobs that are related to Christianity and giving to others?
You could work for a charity, but you don't need to be religious to do that.

What skills do you have to offer?
Vanny17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm a Christian and know for certain that I want a job in that field of work. My question is, do you know any jobs that are related to Christianity and giving to others?
Religious studies/ education teacher at a School (Teaching status needed), Chaplaincy, medicine and nursing (caring and vocational roles), Staff writer (The Salvation Army),
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fishing... pretty much all of the disciples were in the fishing industry ?
ChinnyBonav
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doctor
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
invisibleswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't get it, what does being a christian have to do with a job.
Also, this:
https://open.spotify.com/track/4vWZtILgXfOyx8zFveVSrF
fl0wvo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do something related to nature.
LostYouth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by invisibleswords)
I don't get it, what does being a christian have to do with a job.
Also, this:
https://open.spotify.com/track/4vWZtILgXfOyx8zFveVSrF
Good question. OP, as a Christian, do you not feel a great need to enter the "secular" job market and witness/ evangelise there? Do you not think there's something cowardly about surrounding oneself with just Christians? Christians at work, at home, at church, etc.—isn't the point to reach the unreached?
invisibleswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LostYouth)
Good question. OP, as a Christian, do you not feel a great need to enter the "secular" job market and witness/ evangelise there? Do you not think there's something cowardly about surrounding oneself with just Christians? Christians at work, at home, at church, etc.—isn't the point to reach the unreached?
If you've grown up in a christian bubble, it's a somewhat intimidating thing to do.
LostYouth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by invisibleswords)
If you've grown up in a christian bubble, it's a somewhat intimidating thing to do.
Really? That'd odd. Which "Christian bubble" do you come from? ICC? JW?

Matthew 28:19 (this is Jesus addressing his disciples): "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"...

Sounds pretty instructive to me.
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The field of hospice/palliative care comes to mind - it's not a religious occupation in and of itself, but it would undoubtedly be of comfort to many religious patients to have someone who understands their beliefs and practices be involved in their care in their final days.
invisibleswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LostYouth)
Really? That'd odd. Which "Christian bubble" do you come from? ICC? JW?

Matthew 28:19 (this is Jesus addressing his disciples): "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"...

Sounds pretty instructive to me.
Yeah but it also says "judge not less you be judged" but the average congregation struggle with that too.

Hang out with the same crowd for too long and anything can become a bubble.
For me, it was a weird experience going from being a youth worker where one to one meetings with the manager was done in a coffee shop, to being in an insurance company where everything was done in sterile offices.

I do find it amusing that you group JWs and christians together.
invisibleswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If this is the sort of thing you're interested in, have you asked someone at your church? They might see something in you that you've missed. I remember a bunch of people were into The Purpose Driven Life and the various personality tests that were around at the time. You could look into that.

Maybe check out https://80000hours.org . It's not christian, but who says you need to be a christian to do something meaningful?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise