The Student Room Group

Feeling not wanting to study

Hello, i am having a problem with studies , i used to be intelligent and study well but at a time , last times of igcse and beginnings of a levels till now i stopped studying well especially in summer (for oct exam) , waste many days on youtube facebook or anything ( like learning something which is not at studies like a person or historical rulers ) even if i dont want just to waste study time , i have a strange feeling that makes me not wanting even to open book and feeling not wanting to study, strange feelings , i need help what to do to overcome this feeling and love and care about studies and work very very hard ?
This is pretty normal. You've had two years of straight exams without a real, proper long break so you understandably have this feeling.

However, you need to remind yourself as to why you are sitting these exams - That's right, for your long-term future and success.
Reply 2
i feel like that too
Reply 3
Original post by ahmad6432
Hello, i am having a problem with studies , i used to be intelligent and study well but at a time , last times of igcse and beginnings of a levels till now i stopped studying well especially in summer (for oct exam) , waste many days on youtube facebook or anything ( like learning something which is not at studies like a person or historical rulers ) even if i dont want just to waste study time , i have a strange feeling that makes me not wanting even to open book and feeling not wanting to study, strange feelings , i need help what to do to overcome this feeling and love and care about studies and work very very hard ?

It is normal to feel this way. However, you need to know that those exams will help you to achieve your future aspirations. Without passing those exams, you cannot go to the University and are more likely to earn minimum wage.

If you don't want to survive on minimum wage, have people underrating you, not able to travel, on the JSA, depending on the government/ benefits for your next meal, then I say you pick up that text book and read like you have never read before. The adult world is a struggle and without a degree qualification, you will struggle. Better getting a degree than none.
Reply 4
Thanks all of you for supporting me and i will do the best and motivate myself for this
Original post by ahmad6432
Thanks all of you for supporting me and i will do the best and motivate myself for this

During my GCSEs and A-levels I found making a revision timetable really helped me stick to revision. Draw up a timetable which tells you to do a certain number of hours a week revising each subject, and make sure you factor in time to yourself. This makes sure you fit in studying as well as having some of your own spare time.
Reply 6
Original post by carrotstar
During my GCSEs and A-levels I found making a revision timetable really helped me stick to revision. Draw up a timetable which tells you to do a certain number of hours a week revising each subject, and make sure you factor in time to yourself. This makes sure you fit in studying as well as having some of your own spare time.

Thanks, its a good solution, i will try mu best for every solution and advices you all gave to me
And i hope that i can return like before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending