The Student Room Group

Phone pictures in portfolio??

Hi, what if I include two pictures taken with my phone in my portfolio? But I would also put pictures taken with a good camera and also with my Praktica. It sounds very unprofessional to me but has someone ever done that? I basically have nothing to put in the portfolio but since they say that they want to see if you have artistic side pictures taken with anything could show that.
Original post by gintareek
Hi, what if I include two pictures taken with my phone in my portfolio? But I would also put pictures taken with a good camera and also with my Praktica. It sounds very unprofessional to me but has someone ever done that? I basically have nothing to put in the portfolio but since they say that they want to see if you have artistic side pictures taken with anything could show that.

The quality of your portfolio is a reflection on how you value your work and professionalism.

If you can take a good photo with a high quality camera phone, then it will probably look ok, but if you want your work to stand out then you need to take high quality images.

Yes, they want to see you have an arty side - but through experimentation and not through dodgy, potato-quality pics. :smile:
Original post by gintareek

Hey gintareek,

It's great to know that you are thinking about your portfolio. Depending on where you go they will have different requirements but for Ravensbourne we really look at your progress. I would suggest picking projects that you really care about and can talk about. Going to various interviews myself I have realised that it's about your passion and progress rather than work you personally don't feel passionate about. Quality over quantity so if you are just putting work in to make your portfolio bigger I would recommend against it.

At Ravensbourne we also host portfolio workshops that you can attend to get help building and working on your portfolio.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Row:h:

Quick Reply

Latest