Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Uqj whwh
Last edited by username3179140; 2 years ago
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
There's literally nothing to be concerned about nor any reason why you should tell the police. You both consented and wanted the sex and in a country like the UK, or in a variety of other states (18 is actually the highest age of consent amongst the states - many others have it at 16 and 17), you would not have committed a crime. The age of consent is really there to protect younger people from being misused by older people, but in the situation of where a 17 and 18 year old both want to have sex, I genuinely cannot see what the problem is. You're both old enough and mature enough to know about the risks, so realistically I don't see why you should tell the police.

As for sexual images, you should be smart enough to just not do that full stop, regardless of your age. Anyone who sends any nudes is very silly as they're now 'out there' and will not 'go away'.

And as for the end, if you don't feel comfortable doing it again and would like to obey the law, then by all means make him wait till 18.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brooko1256)
Hello , my name is brooke I'm currently 18 just finished my a levels in Derbyshire with the intention of going to university to. Study mathematics with statistics.

Okay so I'm 18 a year ago I met a guy a year ago I was 17 he was 16. We was chatting all year around* and got on really well I'm gay Btw. Anyhow I decided to meet him in Washington for a week in Virginia . We get along really well and we had a great time in dc. However we did engage in sexual activity I was. 18 he was 17 and the age for consent is 18 there. I feel absolutely terrible now and regret it so much now. We did have an*l we both really wanted it and I knew the age of consent and so did he but we went along with it. I feel absolutely terrible, nervous now. We still talk on skye for about an hour a week but I'm very nervous about what we did and feel so guilty. We spoke about it and he says he "really liked it and won't tell any one" however I fee so anxious if he was tell his parents or cops about what we did but idk how that will effect me being an uk citizen. I'm an intelligent person who makes stupid decisions. I super anxious and it could affect my whole career before it's even started. If we stop talking I feel he will be annoyed and possibly tell somone about what we did. I really like him and he likes me but I'm anxious and such an idiot for engaging in that activity. I feel lost. My parents and friends knew we met aswell as him i stopped at his a few nights but they didn't know we engaged in sexual activity. I'm really list whether I should confess to the police I feel so guilty he could tell at any minute even though he days be won't. If I stop talking I may make him annoyed and generally lost I knoe this is an uncommon issue and didn't know who to speak to. We also sent sexual images over snapchat but recently I told him I don't want to and that he needs to wait till he's 18 and if so I maybe not say yes either way. He seems a bit more moody about it now and I feel if I make a bad move it may bite back at me and my future career.

don't feel bad about breaking some prudish law, but best to keep things quiet and not blab to people about it, and tbh you shouldn't have been talking about it with him on skype or anything because potentially he might be able to use that as evidence against you should he get salty one day and decide to somehow get back at you.

i'm not sure if being a female the law would come down hard on you in america?
i know i've heard cases over there of like 13 year old boys sleeping with 15 year old girls and the boys get arrested and charged with statutory rape and the girls get off scott free. I've never heard a UK visitor [who was very close in age to their partner] get charged over having sex either. perhaps they turn a blind eye to that sort of stuff in order not to damage diplomatic ties..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads