The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2018 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I've got an impression that almost everyone is dissatisfied with their possible bmat results. Honestly, I feel like especially my Section 1 score may become the main reason of rejection :frown:
Got an interview.
Original post by Guertena Weiss
Got an interview.

Really? Congrats. September or October bmat?
Original post by ravan88
Did anyone apply to trinity hall for medicine this year?
I am an international student currently undertaking my second year of A-level, and have applied to trinity hall to study medicine.

I have applied to Trinity Hall!
When do Cambridge get BMAT results?
Original post by Actuvia
Really? Congrats. September or October bmat?

October
October

Damn, do unis already have our results then? Also what college?
Original post by AKRYL
November*

Thanks, tis what I meant, I'm a bit tired xD
Got an interview.

Ahhh congrats, it's officially started!! What college did you apply to?
Original post by Alison12345
I have applied to Trinity Hall!

NICE! Are you a local student?
Yes! I'm so nervous waiting!!
Original post by katerinam123
I’ve applied to Emma for med and haven’t heard back yet! So nervousss

Ahh same! I thought Emma would be one of the 1st colleges to start sending out med interviews
Original post by Alison12345
Yes! I'm so nervous waiting!!

Dreading the BMAT tho :frown:(
What do you think you will get on the BMAT guys? I'd be super happy with anything that can get me an interview. Hoping for 5 on both sections
Reply 174
Original post by Alamaniya
What do you think you will get on the BMAT guys? I'd be super happy with anything that can get me an interview. Hoping for 5 on both sections

What I would be super happy with: 5.0 5.5 3.5A

What I will be ok with: 4.5 5.0 3A

What I will be sad about: >4.3 4.7 >3A

Edit: In my mocks I got between 5.4 and 8.8 in S1, and 8.4 and 5.0 in S2 I think. Averaged at around 6 for both sections in all the past papers, but I know I did way worse than that so... :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MagicalMedic
What I would be super happy with: 5.0 5.5 3.5A

What I will be ok with: 4.5 5.0 3A

What I will be sad about: >4.3 4.7 >3A

Edit: In my mocks I got between 5.4 and 8.8 in S1, and 8.4 and 5.0 in S2 I think. Averaged at around 6 for both sections in all the past papers, but I know I did way worse than that so... :colondollar:

Feel the same. But I know I panicked so honestly not expecting more than 6 on both sections. I am filling out an ECF though so hoping that will explain my bad/average score. The problem is that it is only considered post-interview at this point. So if they decide to reject me pre-interview, it won't make any difference lol. I'm sure you'll do well though!
Reply 176
Original post by Alamaniya
Feel the same. But I know I panicked so honestly not expecting more than 6 on both sections. I am filling out an ECF though so hoping that will explain my bad/average score. The problem is that it is only considered post-interview at this point. So if they decide to reject me pre-interview, it won't make any difference lol. I'm sure you'll do well though!

Well, I'll find out in roughly a day or so :wink: I'm sure you did great as well. Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
20 hours left...
Original post by ravan88
Dreading the BMAT tho

I applied to trinity hall Ravan
Original post by Actuvia
Damn, do unis already have our results then? Also what college?

No, I just checked with Murray Edwards admission and they said that they receive our results today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending