Diddles89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm starting nursing in January and need some general tips and advice?

In my spare time I've looked over a physiology book, an a level biology book (pretty much all of it), I know what a few drugs do... I'm looking at a few NCLEX quizzes right now but struggling haha

So anyway yeah would anyone be able to give me any advice?

I don't know any other nurses to ask. I've heard the degree course is really hard...Workload is heavy, Full of practicals, assignments and exams (as well as placement) I just want to be prepared

If you could give me any advice or tips I'd really reaaally appreciate it

X
Vanny17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Diddles89)
I'm starting nursing in January and need some general tips and advice?

In my spare time I've looked over a physiology book, an a level biology book (pretty much all of it), I know what a few drugs do... I'm looking at a few NCLEX quizzes right now but struggling haha

So anyway yeah would anyone be able to give me any advice?

I don't know any other nurses to ask. I've heard the degree course is really hard...Workload is heavy, Full of practicals, assignments and exams (as well as placement) I just want to be prepared

If you could give me any advice or tips I'd really reaaally appreciate it

X
A friend of mine did Nursing. I think the assignments differ with different Universities. You get given a dissertation in the final year. Her University did their theory (practicals e.g. simulation/ practice with a dummy and real person, essays and exam) before starting their placement. Their marking is very strict and hard to get even a C grade.:eek: All books are provided by her University's library and they get given a bursary to buy books online. In her University, it was compulsory to pass the drug Calculation with 60% or above in the first year, 80% in 2nd year and 100% in final year. Resit can be taken twice then fail.

Write learning outcomes before placement she said. Try to assist the nurses and get along with everyone because you will be graded. Placement grading can bump a grade up to a first or 2.1. Work with your peers and ask them questions regarding assignments e.g what text books to use etc.
Toucher
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you still need some sacred tips that will really be helpful i’m here to help please don’t hesitate. You won’t be dissatisfied.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (613)
49.08%
No (636)
50.92%

Watched Threads