The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accomidation deposits??

Does anybody know how much kent's accomidation deposit is? And do we only get 7 days to pay starting from the day we get confirmed accomidation?
Reply 1
Peace,

I think it is going to vary depending on the property in question, so its best to ask for the places you want to stay. Most UK properties want that some kind of payment starting at least a few weeks before the term begins, but again, call your specific residential or flat property.

Original post by molz33
Does anybody know how much kent's accomidation deposit is? And do we only get 7 days to pay starting from the day we get confirmed accomidation?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by luq_ali
Peace,

I think it is going to vary depending on the property in question, so its best to ask for the places you want to stay. Most UK properties want that some kind of payment starting at least a few weeks before the term begins, but again, call your specific residential or flat property.

Turning or Keynes. Do you think it'll be more than £150/200

Original post by Chromium56
I dont think university accommodation has any kind of deposits

Pretty much every uni has a deposit which you pay before you start and get back at the end if nothing's damaged. Usually between £100-200
There's been no mention of a deposit but payment for accommodation is from the day the term starts I believe
Reply 4
Original post by Kravence
There's been no mention of a deposit but payment for accommodation is from the day the term starts I believe

Yeah they don't mention it but when you confirm accommodation a week after results day, most university's request a deposit, to be paid before you move in but I just don't how much or when it's due by😕. You do get it back at the end of the year
It's usually a £200 deposit that you get back at the end of the academic year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending