The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Innuendo_anonymous
Lame title i know lol. Just wanted to see your opinions on whether there is likely to be much snow in the uk this year, and if so when do you think it will start appearing?

Im from South Yorkshire and it very rarely snows/snows for long and personally am hoping that theres going to be a tonne this year :biggrin: The weather report said it could snow this saturday so i've already got my hopes up for a white christmas :smile:

Depends which bit of South Yorkshire you're in :wink:

If you're in the western nost parts you'll get a lot of snow over there :smile:

If fact that area already had snow last weekend :smile:
Reply 21
I really want snow! I went home last weekend where i didn't get any snow where i live on the sunday but when i came back up to uni last monday i found some snow left on the ground and then my flatmates said they had a massive snowball fight with other halls of residences- soo annoyed i missed out! Typical me having to go back home on the weekend it snows here at uni! :frown:
Reply 22
Why, in the freak occurance that it actually does ever snow, and snow moderately well, does it always end up on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET??? How it bugs me in the morning when I'm woken up to 'ITS SNOWING!!' and find out I've got to walk across the road to get it.
I don't unerstand this obession with snow. How it does is make it even more bitterly cold.
Reply 24
I reckon that there'll be a lot of snow some time around the 15th January. Not a white christmas though :wink:
Reply 25
I went for a sponsored hike last sunday, and there was so much snow!
It rained for the first few miles, but for the remaining 14 it was snowing, which started off great fun :biggrin: but got really annoying. It was pracitcally a blizzard at times (well... an English blizzard, not like an artic blizzard or anything).
I've never been so cold! It was pretty tho :smile:
this year a la nina event is anticipated, which will mean it's gonna get cold...with lots of snow!:biggrin:

according to my geography textbook:redface:
shellyholmes
this year a la nina event is anticipated, which will mean it's gonna get cold...with lots of snow!:biggrin:

according to my geography textbook:redface:

Oooh I hope that's correct!
Reply 28
I thought el nina was only in south america? Does it affect us?
Reply 29
it snowed here last week. t'was fun. it was gone by next morning though.

Latest

Trending

Trending