The Student Room Group

What party would you vote for if there was a general election on Thursday? (POLL)

Poll

Who would you vote for?

Following the election in June that left Theresa May's government without a majority, I would like to see how TSR now felt about the parties of this country. Have you changed your mind? Are you more convinced than ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
Following the election in June that left Theresa May's government without a majority, I would like to see how TSR now felt about the parties of this country. Have you changed your mind? Are you more convinced than ever?

I'd vote reluctantly for Labour - I think the Conservatives are too aggressive with their austerity and the Liberal Democrats' position on the EU makes them untenable for me.
I was like "oh so many people agree with me wow that was really unexpected" then I realised I was the only person who'd voted :biggrin:
If only David Cameron was still leader...but, Conservatives.
Reply 4
Prob Lib Dem

Gonna vote them till i die
UKIP
Conservative and I couldn't change that choice until brexit is done
Maybe Labour but I probably wouldn't bother. All politicians are greedy liars
Original post by paul514
Conservative and I couldn't change that choice until brexit is done

Corbyn is more of a Brexiteer than half the Tory cabinet.
Of that I have no doubt lol

Once I have brexit I can move onto supporting getting proper social benefits and housing
Tory.
UKIP, 100% UKIP.

The Tories are nothing more than Labour-lite.
Reply 12
Conservative. They have my vote until we've left the eu.
Original post by SuperHuman98

Nothing has really changed for me and i consider Corbyn the worst candidate for Prime Minister to have been put forward in decades.

I would vote Tory without hesitation.

Original post by Bjornhattan
I'd vote reluctantly for Labour - I think the Conservatives are too aggressive with their austerity and the Liberal Democrats' position on the EU makes them untenable for me.

I'm alarmed that you consider the Hammond plan for austerity too aggressive when we went into the election saying it would not be gone until 2025 (i.e. so slowly that you can't credibly call it austerity anymore).

I'm also saddened that that is sufficient reason to overlook Corbyn, a man who's views any patriot should utterly despise.
Original post by Rakas21
Nothing has really changed for me and i consider Corbyn the worst candidate for Prime Minister to have been put forward in decades.

I would vote Tory without hesitation.

I'm alarmed that you consider the Hammond plan for austerity too aggressive when we went into the election saying it would not be gone until 2025 (i.e. so slowly that you can't credibly call it austerity anymore).

I'm also saddened that that is sufficient reason to overlook Corbyn, a man who's views any patriot should utterly despise.

I'd say that in political discourse, the term 'austerity' has adopted a broader meaning of not properly or sufficiently funding public services.

You don't have a monopoly on patriotism and the suggestion that those who support or vote for Corbyn are unpatriotic is childish. The case could be made that the Tories wanting to sell off public assets are unpatriotic.
I would vote for the party :

- whose leader was not a past supporter of the IRA
- whose leader does not call Hamas and Hezbollah "friends"
- whose leader does not try and dupe the young electorate with lame false promises
- whose leader does not support authoritarian dictatorships like Venezuela
- whose leader does not stage fake photos on Virgin trains for political gain
- whose leader does not use primary schools for political game playing
- whose leader does not use human tragedies like Grenfell for political game playing
- whose leader has the nouse and ability to get through BrExit negotiations

In the final analysis and consideration of the available parties . . . . .

Looney Labour need not apply
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
I would vote for the party :

- whose leader was not a past supporter of the IRA
- whose leader does not call Hamas and Hezbollah "friends"
- whose leader does not try and dupe the young electorate with lame false promises
- whose leader does not support authoritarian dictatorships like Venezuela
- whose leader does not stage fake photos on Virgin trains for political gain
- whose leader does not use primary schools for political game playing
- whose leader does not use human tragedies like Grenfell for political game playing
- whose leader has the nouse and ability to get through BrExit negotiations

In the final analysis and consideration of the available parties . . . . .

Looney Labour need not apply

I have asked you over ten times why you refuse to criticise the Tories for backtracking on a huge numebr of their manifesto pledges once elected, therefore duping the electorate.

Funny that you haven't answered....
Original post by Rakas21

Who was worse? I'd be far happier with Foot in power than him.

A lot of Brexit Ultras hate Hammond and call him a 'deficit hawk' ... oh the horror, a fiscal conservative.
Original post by Bornblue
Corbyn is more of a Brexiteer than half the Tory cabinet.

He IS and always has been anti Eu cos most of his policies can’t be implemented while we are still in. It is the blairites like chucka ummuna who want to stop Brexit, same with Phillip Hammond and some of the other tories

Quick Reply