The Student Room Group

UKCAT calculator +- functions help

When I do UKCAT practice tests with my keyboard it doesn't let me use the +- keys as functions on the UKCAT calculator - is this just because my keyboard is weird, or in the actual test is there no quick way to use the keyboard to add or subtract numbers rather than just by clicking?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by graphicsturtle
When I do UKCAT practice tests with my keyboard it doesn't let me use the +- keys as functions on the UKCAT calculator - is this just because my keyboard is weird, or in the actual test is there no quick way to use the keyboard to add or subtract numbers rather than just by clicking?
Thank you :smile:

Just click it
Reply 2
Hey :-) Unfortunately you may not even get a keyboard in your UKCAT! It is a rare occurrence but can happen due to the unstandardised nature of the test across different test centres... The best thing to do is to prepare for the worst (i.e. use mental maths as much as possible, use the calculator as a last resort for the harder calculations and be prepared to have to use a mouse to manually click in the numbers) and then hope for the best!

Good luck,

Alex, 5th year UCL medic
6med

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending