The Student Room Group

Should I do the GDL or LLB Senior Status?

Hi everyone,
I'd like some advice on whether I should do the GDL or the 2 year LLB Senior Status course. My A-Level grades were not great. I got AAC and I'm going to graduate from Queen Mary with a degree in English and History. I've heard the GDL is the fastest way to get into law but that it doesn't really let you learn law as an academic discipline, which I am more interested in. Which one is better to do? Are there any advantages to doing one over the other?
Original post by appp1998
Hi everyone,
I'd like some advice on whether I should do the GDL or the 2 year LLB Senior Status course. My A-Level grades were not great. I got AAC and I'm going to graduate from Queen Mary with a degree in English and History. I've heard the GDL is the fastest way to get into law but that it doesn't really let you learn law as an academic discipline, which I am more interested in. Which one is better to do? Are there any advantages to doing one over the other?

Its up to you. Most people would do the GDL as thats all that is needed plus that is all the firm will pay for or the individual can afford plus the time factor.

Presumably you dont have to worry about the extra cost and dont mind more study? If that were the case then the LLB you would get to learn more law and have an experience close to continuing uni. It would also give you the option to yet again show high grades and an aptitude for your subject which would be relevant to you and be slightly more pleasing in your application.

Is it worth the time, money and effort? That is your choice. Personally I would do it . Sure most people would not. It is perceived wisdom by several on the board that less law is better and the better lawyers are those with non law degrees.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending