The Student Room Group

Studying film in London

Hello! I'm thinking about studying either film production or directing (BA). My question is what's the best uni in London for that in terms of practice,knowledge and job opportunities? I'm also considering The University of Edinburgh, but am afraid of job opportunities after that. Advice?
Hey :smile:

It's great to hear you're interested in studying Film Production - the British film industry is booming at the moment, it's the perfect time to get involved. Have you ever considered studying at a film school outside of London? Brighton is considered the 'London-by-the-sea' and at our film school we offer a degree in Filmmaking, which is heavily practical. While we do teach you some theory, you are only assessed on your practical filmmaking. We have state-of-the-art facilities and loan our film kit from Panavision, who work with Marvel, so you know you will be working with the best and the latest industry standard camera equipment. You will learn all elements of film craft to put you at the forefront of the job market. Our alumni go on to work in a wide range of roles in the film industry including camera operators, grip, assistant directing, producing, cinematographers, editors, colour graders, sound technicians and many more.

Brighton is only a train ride away from London and it takes roughly 50-60 minutes. If you would like to find out more, we would love to meet you at one of our open days, you can book here: http://brightonfilmschool.eventbrite.com

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and the best of luck in finding the right place for you 😊

Holly

Original post by barefooted
Hello! I'm thinking about studying either film production or directing (BA). My question is what's the best uni in London for that in terms of practice,knowledge and job opportunities? I'm also considering The University of Edinburgh, but am afraid of job opportunities after that. Advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending