How do you get an unconditional offer? Watch

ch128
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I have applied to Cambridge(A*A*A), Imperial(A*A*A), Kings(AAB), UCL(AAA).

Those are the typical offers for subject I am applying for. My predicted grades are 4 A*s. Is there a chance of getting an unconditional offer from Either Kings or UCL possibly?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ch128)
Hi,

Those are the typical offers for subject I am applying for. My predicted grades are 4 A*s. Is there a chance of getting an unconditional offer from Either Kings or UCL possibly?
None of your choices make unconditional offers based on predicted grades as far as I know.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ch128)
Hi,

Neither UCL nor KCL make unconditional offers unless you have acheived the entry requirements.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's worth noting of the Russell Group universities only Birmingham and Nottingham regularly use "Unconditional if Firm" offers - indeed about a third of Nottingham's offers are such.

Although York has joined them this year with a small pilot launch of UiF offers - only about 2% were such.

Edit to update: also Queen Mary (QMUL) have a Outstanding Potential Award for some courses. As a result about 2% of their offers are UiF.
SilverWater
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
It's worth noting of the Russell Group universities only Birmingham and Nottingham regularly use "Unconditional if Firm" offers - indeed about a third of Nottingham's offers are such.

Although York has joined them this year with a small pilot launch of UiF offers - only about 2% were such.
How did you know that???
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SilverWater)
How did you know that???
An FOI request.
kegz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Get good predicted grades
and this is VERY important, make sure that you do things to put into your personal statement that are directly relted to your degree
BigChungus69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by username3478890)
I've heard its rare but how does it happen? Is the offer based completely on predicted grades?
git gud
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (130)
54.17%
18-20 years old (no) (29)
12.08%
20-25 years old (yes) (37)
15.42%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.67%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.5%