The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

accommodation

When I submitted my application for accommodation I was only given three choices ; Lakeside, 5 bed suite and 7 bed suite. As I am aware that lakeside is only for returning students does this mean that I may not get accommodation despite Aston being my firm choice university
Reply 1
Please contact your accommodation office, and find out for sure, so that you will not be surprised with a bad result. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Original post by thebusinessone
When I submitted my application for accommodation I was only given three choices ; Lakeside, 5 bed suite and 7 bed suite. As I am aware that lakeside is only for returning students does this mean that I may not get accommodation despite Aston being my firm choice university
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied for Lakeside without realising it was only for returning students, hoping I still get put with first years. But you're still guaranteed a place at James Watt, Mary Sturge and William Murdoch if you are a first year so it should be fine!
Original post by TheRoom_
I applied for Lakeside without realising it was only for returning students, hoping I still get put with first years. But you're still guaranteed a place at James Watt, Mary Sturge and William Murdoch if you are a first year so it should be fine!

So I wont be put with second years?
Original post by luq_ali
Please contact your accommodation office, and find out for sure, so that you will not be surprised with a bad result. Hope everything turns out well for you.

I shall tomorrow morning because I want to know foe sure. Thankyou :smile:
Reply 5
So I wont be put with second years?

I don't think they'd do that, but I'm checking at the moment.
Original post by TheRoom_
I don't think they'd do that, but I'm checking at the moment.

It would seem unreasonable to be placed with second years, let me know if you find out either way :smile:

As luq_ali said, give the accommodation email a shout - [email protected]
Reply 8
You are very welcome. :smile:

Reply 9
I just confirmed my accommodation in Mary Sturge I've been to see James Watt and Mariett one but not Mary Sturge, does anyone know what it's like?
Original post by domhackl
I just confirmed my accommodation in Mary Sturge I've been to see James Watt and Mariett one but not Mary Sturge, does anyone know what it's like?

Check out the Accommodation page: http://www.aston.ac.uk/accommodation/mary-sturge/

The accommodation isn't too different on a whole. I like the front part, I think it is the nicest garden area out of all the accommodations. I prefer William Murdoch the most but Mary Sturge is a close second :wink:
are you going in to study as a first year?
Original post by domhackl

are you going in to study as a first year in september and if yes is this a firm choice?
Reply 13
For ANY STUDENTS LOOKING FOR A ROOM AT LAKESIDE, I am a second year aston student with a room to let and would be able to guarantee you a place.
It is a first come first serve basis. (I will delete this post once the place has been taken by someone)
Anyone interested please contact me using the link below.

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/west_midlands/birmingham/8575678
Reply 14
Original post by mscwiki
For ANY STUDENTS LOOKING FOR A ROOM AT LAKESIDE, I am a second year aston student with a room to let and would be able to guarantee you a place.
It is a first come first serve basis. (I will delete this post once the place has been taken by someone)
Anyone interested please contact me using the link below.

https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/west_midlands/birmingham/8575678

Hi,

Do you still have the room available? If so could you message me. That website asks for payment to message.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest