How much fruit/veg do you eat per day? Watch

shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've seen recommendations varying from 5 - 10 fruit and veg per day, but how many do you actually eat? Do you actively try and eat more of them? :yum:
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
I've seen recommendations varying from 5 - 10 fruit and veg per day, but how many do you actually eat? Do you actively try and eat more of them? :yum:
I do try and fit as much as I can in when possible and if I want to. But I actually rather have it because it tastes really good ahaha plus it helps my body digest way better
I always get an innocent smoothie on the way to work (Apart of meal deal and taste super good! my favourite is energise mmm)

Whilst at work I will always eat either an apple/banana and then at lunch I will either have carrot/cucumber sticks with hummus ofc :P or if not that veg then the canteen does a decent fruit pot.

Dinner at home always tends to contain 1-2 main vegs.

Instead of having crackers/cheese/savoury for snakcs sometimes I opt for just a bowl of blueberries haha I love them so much and easy to eat and taste good
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most fruits give me nausea so I stick to the veggies. I'm pretty good about getting 5 in at least.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's that and where can I order that from KFC?

Spoiler:
Show

In all seriousness though, I think I have enough to be healthy. Fruit smoothie for breakfast, then I have veggies as a part of my lunch and dinner. Banana in between...
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have like 3-4 a day. I just eat whatever my mum buys tbh so if she doesn't buy any fruit or veg then I don't eat any.

I always try to eat a piece of fruit (usually a banana) after the gym
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Uhh on an average day I probably eat an apple, an orange, some grapes and maybe a few slices of melon.

Depends on what's in the fridge and whether or not I am willing to get out of this spinny chair that is perfectly molded to buttocks.
Citizen4
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4-5 each day. I often have fruit when I stand up and stretch my legs every 45 minutes ish. I'd like to eat more and drink more water though
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am vegan, most of my food is based on fruits and vegs.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eating one fruit and/or vegetable at least per day. Now and then I even eat foods without meat! :yes:
___Sophie___
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My favourite dish from the chinese has onions on it if that counts
fernandobrown
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
four and 9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
Kittenz999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly....most days none
sarahyi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not as much as I should ngl
JamesH2017
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
I would have to be honest and say not as many as I should - on average I guess about 3-4 a day!

Had a nectarine earlier for the first time in a couple of years and it was lovely and juicy - 3 left in the punnet which will be 'polished' by lunchtime tomorrow though.
Ikeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Today:
-carrot
-blueberries
-banana
-cucumber
-grapes
-apple
-mango
AlesanaWill
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I eat loads of fruit because I really like it. I tend to have 2 apples, grapes, strawberries, melon, pineapple and a pear every day. I also have about 3 servings of veg with my dinner. So I don't have a problem meeting the recommendations. When I was growing up, however, I could go months without eating any fruit or veg.
username3484120
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
2 or 3, but then I only have a small appetite so don't eat much anyway. I'm pretty healthy I think (apart from the occasional pot noodle :/)
LJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like to have fruit or veg in every meal, so I actually eat prob at least 10 a day!

I get a lot on my morning smoothie, it's so easy just to throw in lots of fruit and veg - took me a while to put veg in like courgette and broccoli but if you have fruit in it too you can't taste the veg!

I really notice that when I don't eat a lot of fruit and veg I feel much worse, less energy and my skin isn't that great either so def actively try and eat lots!
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Loads, I am veggie so try and eat as much vegetables as I can I definitely actively try to eat as many as I can, makes me feel really run down after i have a unhealthy day now. Mainly tomatoes, onions, broccoli, rocket (if my tortoises don't get to it first: :P)

How much do you think you eat?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by LJ)
I like to have fruit or veg in every meal, so I actually eat prob at least 10 a day!

I get a lot on my morning smoothie, it's so easy just to throw in lots of fruit and veg - took me a while to put veg in like courgette and broccoli but if you have fruit in it too you can't taste the veg!

I really notice that when I don't eat a lot of fruit and veg I feel much worse, less energy and my skin isn't that great either so def actively try and eat lots!
10!? I am impressed with this :eek:

(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
Loads, I am veggie so try and eat as much vegetables as I can I definitely actively try to eat as many as I can, makes me feel really run down after i have a unhealthy day now. Mainly tomatoes, onions, broccoli, rocket (if my tortoises don't get to it first: :P)

How much do you think you eat?
I probably eat around 4/5 at the moment each day, but I'm trying to boost it and be a bit healthier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (173)
24.3%
Pop (176)
24.72%
Jazz (29)