The Student Room Group

In what circumstance is an offer changed from conditional to unconditional?

I applied to uni via UCAS and heard back from both my main choice and insurance choice, so I declined/withdrew my other unis and accepted places on both my main and insurance.
Both the offers I accepted were conditional (one subject to me obtaining MMM in my BTEC, and the other wanting a DDM). Unconfirmed results from my BTEC (coursework that my college marked, waiting validation from the exam board) are D*D*D*.

I checked UCAS Track today and my insurance offer was changed to unconditional a couple of days ago- this definitely used to be a conditional offer as UCAS Track still has the letters saying that the place is subject to me obtaining a MMM.

Any clue as to why the offer changed to unconditional?

As far as I know UCAS & the unis don't get to see exam results until 6pm on the 16th of August (the day before the results are released to us), so I don't think my insurance choice would've seen my confirmed BTEC grade yet.
Original post by aconline
I applied to uni via UCAS and heard back from both my main choice and insurance choice, so I declined/withdrew my other unis and accepted places on both my main and insurance.
Both the offers I accepted were conditional (one subject to me obtaining MMM in my BTEC, and the other wanting a DDM). Unconfirmed results from my BTEC (coursework that my college marked, waiting validation from the exam board) are D*D*D*.

I checked UCAS Track today and my insurance offer was changed to unconditional a couple of days ago- this definitely used to be a conditional offer as UCAS Track still has the letters saying that the place is subject to me obtaining a MMM.

As far as I know UCAS & the unis don't get to see exam results until 6pm on the 16th of August (the day before the results are released to us), so I don't think my insurance choice would've seen my confirmed BTEC grade yet.

They ve been getting btec results already so either they ve had your results or they ve decided to accept you regardless of grades.
Reply 2
Yup claireestelle is right. BTEC grades are being received, my friends doing BTEC's have been told whether they're in their firm or insurance. It means you got the grades to get into your insurance but not firm
Reply 3
Original post by MalmoX
Yup claireestelle is right. BTEC grades are being received, my friends doing BTEC's have been told whether they're in their firm or insurance. It means you got the grades to get into your insurance but not firm

Well, funnily enough I've received some stuff from my firm asking me to set-up direct-debit for accommodation, but no actual offer confirmation/rejection as of yet. Looks like my firm is waiting until the 17th to send out the confirmation/rejection, allthewhile hinting at a confirmation via their request to set-up direct-debit (which came a couple of hours after my insurance confirmation, so can't have been a coincidence).
Original post by aconline

In the event you don't get the grades you need for your firm offer, the insurance university wants to stop you from going through clearing and potentially accepting a different university placement, which denies them your funding and means more paperwork.

Universities are also businesses all after a quick sale.
Reply 5
Original post by uberteknik
In the event you don't get the grades you need for your firm offer, the insurance university wants to stop you from going through clearing and potentially accepting a different university placement, which denies them your funding and means more paperwork.

Universities are also businesses all after a quick sale.

That's true.

I just spoke to UCAS and they confirmed that my firm will have my grades and that it can take up to a 7 working days to get a response.
That'll mean waiting up to the 16th(ish), and they also said that if on that date I haven't had a response I should phone them to check. They also said that I can phone them to confirm/deny that I've met the entry criteria for my choices, while not giving my actual grades (since they aren't allowed to give them out until the 17th).

I've also noticed that the welcome portal of my firm choice's university has a notice that it will be 'unavailable from Friday 11th 23:59-Wednesday 16th 23:59 to prepare for exam results', so it really does look like I won't be hearing back from my firm until Thursday next week.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
So in a case like this, if the OP has achieved more than the original offer, are they still allowed to go through Adjustment now the offer has gone to Unconditional?
Reply 7
I can't see why not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending