Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ict? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering for a friend, what does the ICT AS level consist of? How much is the coursework worth and what are the topics studied? Is it similar to gcse ICT?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)
    Just wondering for a friend, what does the ICT AS level consist of? How much is the coursework worth and what are the topics studied? Is it similar to gcse ICT?

Thanks
    The coursework was quite a lot and you have 8 weeks to do it in and you finish with over 100 or 200 sheets of work, but its more about putting in time. The other part is two modules, one about the data, information and knowledge and the role of IT and the other module is about umm how you use IT like the software and hardware and WANs wan LANs, the tests are comparitively easy, but i never did gcse IT

ReputationRep:
    would you say it was easy enough to get an A grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)
    would you say it was easy enough to get an A grade?
    Yeah, its not as hard as maths or history to me and i took it with my GCSE's, so if you just put some time into the coursework, then you can just go through past papers and see what questions there are and its not that complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly don't take it for 'an easy A', because you'll most likely end up with an E if that's your attitude. I did 80 pages for coursework and got 100/120 (A), however it took me 2 all-nighters to get it in on time, so beware...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.