The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Freshers advice?

I'm starting at NTU this September, any advice to give to a fresher? Which fresher events are worth going to? Is the ntu wristband any good?

Thanks!
Original post by _tilly01
I'm starting at NTU this September, any advice to give to a fresher? Which fresher events are worth going to? Is the ntu wristband any good?

Thanks!

Hey @_tilly01!

So great to hear that you're coming to NTU! Get ready for the best 3 years of your life!

What course are you studying?

You'll receive your free Freshers' Wristband when you first arrive and enrol as a student. This will get you into all the Welcome Week events for free, APART from the club nights, which are usually £5 entry on the door.

You can choose to buy the Freshers' Wristband Plus for £45. This will get you discounted entry and queue jump for official Freshers 2017 events. This means you won't have to pay on the door, and you'll save money over all compared to paying for individual entry to each event.

It's up to you really, depends on how many event and nights out you're planning on going to during Freshers. If you do, it's definitely value but as I say, it's purely down to the individual.

:smile:

🎉🎉🎉

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey @_tilly01!

So great to hear that you're coming to NTU! Get ready for the best 3 years of your life!

What course are you studying?

You'll receive your free Freshers' Wristband when you first arrive and enrol as a student. This will get you into all the Welcome Week events for free, APART from the club nights, which are usually £5 entry on the door.

You can choose to buy the Freshers' Wristband Plus for £45. This will get you discounted entry and queue jump for official Freshers 2017 events. This means you won't have to pay on the door, and you'll save money over all compared to paying for individual entry to each event.

It's up to you really, depends on how many event and nights out you're planning on going to during Freshers. If you do, it's definitely value but as I say, it's purely down to the individual.

🎉🎉🎉

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Hey! Thanks for the reply - I'll be studying Architectural Technology :smile: I do want to get the most out of freshers week; are the nights out that are included in the £45 wristband any good? There are loads of fresher groups on fb that are advertising independent fresher events- which would you say is better?

Thank you!
Hey! Thanks for the reply - I'll be studying Architectural Technology :smile: I do want to get the most out of freshers week; are the nights out that are included in the £45 wristband any good? There are loads of fresher groups on fb that are advertising independent fresher events- which would you say is better?

Thank you!

Hey!

That's totally fine :smile: Ah sweet!

The nights out included on the wristband will be the official events and will be where everyone will be from the different halls.

I would advise avoiding the independent fresher events which are put on by different club promoters. A friend of mine bought a ticket during Freshers for one of these events and said that it wasn't very busy and wished they'd come to the official night with everyone else!

Are you staying in halls?

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Reply 4
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey!

That's totally fine :smile: Ah sweet!

The nights out included on the wristband will be the official events and will be where everyone will be from the different halls.

I would advise avoiding the independent fresher events which are put on by different club promoters. A friend of mine bought a ticket during Freshers for one of these events and said that it wasn't very busy and wished they'd come to the official night with everyone else!

Are you staying in halls?

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! Will definitely look into the wristbands and yes, I'm staying in gill st north :smile:
I would speak to your flat mates and see which tickets they are buying. That is what I did and it worked out well. But as Tim said, I would try and stick with the official NTU events as these are normally well organised and are very enjoyable
Reply 6
Original post by nottreece
I would speak to your flat mates and see which tickets they are buying. That is what I did and it worked out well. But as Tim said, I would try and stick with the official NTU events as these are normally well organised and are very enjoyable

Thanks, will do :smile:
Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! Will definitely look into the wristbands and yes, I'm staying in gill st north :smile:

Ah sweet! Gill Street North is a great halls! You're going to have a great time :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Are all the fresher week events in the evening? I'm commuting from home and would like to attend some events.
Original post by EllieBee23
Are all the fresher week events in the evening? I'm commuting from home and would like to attend some events.

Hi Ellie,

No not all the events are held in the evening. They have lots of events during the day in fact. Events such as Freshers Fair are always held during the day. Also they hold Saturday Antics at Clifton during the day which is always good day to get to know more people. I am sure that they also hold lots of events for people are living at home as well to make sure that all people are involved. I am sure that they will send you a guide with a list of all events so that you are able to see which events appeal to you.

Hope this helps!
Original post by nottreece
Hi Ellie,

No not all the events are held in the evening. They have lots of events during the day in fact. Events such as Freshers Fair are always held during the day. Also they hold Saturday Antics at Clifton during the day which is always good day to get to know more people. I am sure that they also hold lots of events for people are living at home as well to make sure that all people are involved. I am sure that they will send you a guide with a list of all events so that you are able to see which events appeal to you.

Hope this helps!

Thank You🤓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending