Have your say: Understanding your GCSE results slip

Watch this thread
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Understanding your GCSE results slip article.

Read the full Understanding your GCSE results slip article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
chelseacarknif3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
This is fab! I remember getting mine and the slip was a bit confusing. I can't imagine reading it now with all the new grades and everything, but this explains loads! Good luck to all those getting GCSE results this month!
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Does it not tell you the UMS for your exams?
richageorge
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Here's where you can post a comment about our Understanding your GCSE results slip article.

Read the full Understanding your GCSE results slip article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
what about ums? will it still be on there?
Fox Corner
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The Learn Ranger can you clarify UMS?
itslibby
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
The Learn Ranger can you clarify UMS?
Apparently the UMS for the new GCSEs won't be on the slip, but the exams officers will know how many marks/UMS you have got so you can ask. (correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've heard).
SayyidRahman19
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do All the controlled assements grade appear on the results sheet ?
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What do "End1" and "End2" mean? I have these two columns on my grade sheet. They are completely empty apart from a "D" in End1 for English Language. No idea what this means. Can't be anything to do with grades because I got an 8.
nosjdofidsofo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Where's the mark for Maths and English? So we aren't allowed to know how far we were off the next grade for those subjects? How are we supposed to know if we need remarks or not?
nosjdofidsofo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
What do "End1" and "End2" mean? I have these two columns on my grade sheet. They are completely empty apart from a "D" in End1 for English Language. No idea what this means. Can't be anything to do with grades because I got an 8.
Distinction in your spoken language endorsement.
username2698513
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What are the points? And why are some of mine so drastically different (I've got 8.5 and 58, for example, for the same grade/exam board)
nosjdofidsofo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SayyidRahman19)
Do All the controlled assements grade appear on the results sheet ?
Yes
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I saw someone had a "*2" for their BTEC in performing arts - what does that mean?
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
I saw someone had a "*2" for their BTEC in performing arts - what does that mean?
Distinction * at Level 2 - equivalent to an A* GCSE
Ellismall
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My IGCSE results slip has only grades on it, no UMS - how can I get this information? I was an external candidate so my results were posted to me and I haven't spoken to the exams officer.
All my grades are in the column 'Grd1'. The columns 'Grd2', End1, End2 and 'points' are all blank apart from a '7' in the 'points' column for Geography. What does this mean? Have I been given my full grades?
PoppyElizAJ
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
I think the D in English Language is for Distinction in speaking and listening. Did you do some sort of presentation at some point during the course?
PoppyElizAJ
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nosjdofidsofo)
Where's the mark for Maths and English? So we aren't allowed to know how far we were off the next grade for those subjects? How are we supposed to know if we need remarks or not?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I really want to know how I did in the individual exams, but I don't even know what mark I got overall??
PoppyElizAJ
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Can somebody please explain what UMS marks are?
!?!?!
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
do we get our overall mark/the nexr grade boundary?
_gcx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by !?!?!)
do we get our overall mark/the nexr grade boundary?
They won't appear on your results slip, but they are available. Either ask your subject teacher/HOD or the exams officer on results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads